PDA

View Full Version : Wooden kitchen deals?

kijip
12-14-2009, 12:04 PM
My brother has a huge playroom in their new house but they are naturally feeling tight with the transition from below market rent rates (their landlord had not raised the rent since they moved in years ago) to a mortgage payment and all of the stuff their cosmetic fixer needed to be livable- appliances etc. He really wants a play kitchen for the girls so I told him I would pay about $100 and make it a combined Christmas gift for the girls (ages 2 and 1/2 and nearly 1). Any good deals I can take advantage of? Thanks in advance.

kijip
12-14-2009, 12:27 PM
I bit on the woot one. Seems like a good deal. First woot ever for me. Hope it's not addicting with me, LOL.

MMMommy
12-14-2009, 12:46 PM
For multiple children, I would get the Kidkraft Large Pastel Kitchen for $109.99 through Amazon. That is a really good price for this kitchen (although not as good as the remarkable/unheard of $74 shipped price through the AOL/Target one-day sale from a few days ago). Not sure if the $10 more over budget is a problem, but it is a big kitchen that kids can grow into. The nice thing about it is the 42" height, which is about as tall as a play kitchen gets nowadays.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0017JBR6O/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

craezie
12-14-2009, 02:24 PM
kids.woot.com

Today only. It looks like a great deal. Too bad I have boys and am looking for a more gender-neutral one.