PDA

View Full Version : Costco Cake: Which icing?

xmasbabycomin
12-14-2009, 03:58 PM
It's going to be white cake, strawberry filling (DDs request) and

a. buttercream frosting
b. cream cheese frosting

Personally, I'm not into the sugary sweet BC, but that's just me. I've only tried the CC frosting years ago on the carrot cake. I'd heard the cream cheese is harder to work with, but just getting an edible icing design for the middle so they're just going to be doing some flowers and her name around the sides

posting a poll, so I hope this works

HIU8
12-14-2009, 04:10 PM
I am a huge butter cream fan. But, I love sugary things.

MamaMolly
12-14-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't think you can go wrong either way. What kind of cake? If a spice or chocolate I might vote one way, yellow another....

TamiRuns
12-14-2009, 04:17 PM
I love the white cake and strawberry filling with the buttercream frosting....but I'm another one with a huge sweet tooth. I agree that either choice will be great!

djlovesmelinda
12-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Buttercream all the way for sure!

Mom Magic
12-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Every year, my son's request for his birthday is the yellow cake, strawberry filling and buttercream frosting from Costco. It always gets raves at his birthday party.

Andie
DS 1/2000

lellolicious
12-15-2009, 12:40 AM
I tried the cream cheese frosting once years ago, after they stopped doing whipped cream icing (at least at the costco by me). I didn't like it all that much, and I ADORE cream cheese frosting. So i usually get the buttercream. The whipped cream was still the best though.

My costco doesn't even do strawberry filling... only things like strawberry or chocolate mousse. Still a great bargain though!

ohiomom1121
12-15-2009, 01:11 AM
For DD's birthday we got the white cake, cheesecake filling and cream cheese icing and it was wonderful. Everyone raved about it. Definitely not sugary sweet, but I don't like normal icing either. Looks like I'm in the minority on this so far though. :)