PDA

View Full Version : Automoblox for 5 y.o.?

WitMom
12-14-2009, 04:49 PM
This might belong in Around the House, but I wanted to get some quick feedback. Automoblox minis will be a lightning deal on Amazon later today. I'm not all that familiar with these- Would they be good for a 5 y.o.? Or is 5 sort of beyond the "optimum" age?

Jen841
12-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Go for it!

Have a good way to store them, all the parts make me crazy! My 4 and 6 year olds love the 7 minis they have.

crl
12-14-2009, 05:01 PM
I got them for DS for Christmas. He's 6.5. We'll see if he likes them. We had one of the bigger ones when DS was about 3 and he wasn't that interested in it--fine motor skills not being his strong point I think it was too hard for him. (And then DH stepped on it and broke it so I pitched the whole thing.)

Catherine

alien_host
12-14-2009, 05:18 PM
I gave DD her first (big) automoblox last Xmas at almost 4 YO. She really enjoys them. Now she is 4.5 and still likes them. I got her a mini for her stocking and might get the 3 pack if it's a good price. She used to take the big ones to the restaurant and I think the minis would be better for that purpose.

Ceepa
12-14-2009, 05:44 PM
I think if a kid likes cars then he or she will like Automobox. So YMMV.

fortato
12-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Get them!!! It's going to be a good deal, and even though I already have that set, I'm getting another, just because they are awesome!!!

Jack's 3, and he loves making a super long car...which you can do with this set!