PDA

View Full Version : Macy's in Philly - do you think this is inappropriate

Jen841
12-14-2009, 04:58 PM
55+ minute wait to see Dickens Village and Santa VIA the Women's lingerie dept? Seriously, 55 minutes to get to the area for the display, then an additional wait. I think it was inappropriate to have families waiting for almost an hour in lingerie. There was no escaping the 'view'.

Maybe I am a prude, but I don't need questions from my 2 boys about the items for sale in there.

We did not wait, not b/c of the location, but no one has the patience to wait.

SnuggleBuggles
12-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Eh, it's underwear at Macy's. I doubt they sell anything risque. Sometimes they have to work with the space they have. Would another department have been better though? For sure!

Beth

vonfirmath
12-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Maybe they were hoping the wait would be less because some parents would choose not to take their kids because of the department.

brittone2
12-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Honestly, it wouldn't bother me (other than the actual *waiting*), but every family is different.

kozachka
12-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Honestly, it wouldn't bother me (other than the actual *waiting*), but every family is different.

:yeahthat: The fact that the line went through lingerie department would not bother me in the slightest. Waiting for 55 mins for the show, esp. with DS - another story all together.

mommylamb
12-14-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure if I would have noticed which department the line went through.

maestramommy
12-14-2009, 05:37 PM
We were just there last week! I guess I noticed without really taking note that you had to go through the lingerie section. My kids are still too young to care, and Macy's lingerie doesn't wake my Dh's imagination:p Plus we went on a Monday morning, so there wasn't a line coming out of the main entrance of Dickens' Village.

Actually, Dora has asked about bras before. I just tell her they are underwear for grownups. Cuz that's what they are!

Ceepa
12-14-2009, 05:42 PM
I bet it's because the area has fewer shoppers than, say, if they filed the line through kids clothes, men's sweaters, housegoods, etc. It was probably the store's way of keeping foot traffic moving in the busier sections.

mamicka
12-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Wouldn't bother me at all. My boys are very familiar with women's undergarments.

caleymama
12-14-2009, 05:49 PM

:yeahthat:

Moneypenny
12-14-2009, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't have been bothered by being near the underwear, but I would have been bothered because I would have had to keep reminding DD not to fondle the heavily padded bras. *sigh*

DrSally
12-14-2009, 06:00 PM
It wouldn't have bothered me, except for the wait itself. What does bother me is waiting in line next to a display of peanuts/peanut products. B/c of DS's allergy, that makes me very nervous (dust or accidental touching).

wellyes
12-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Nothing shameful about ladies' underwear to me. The wait would annoy me though.

mom2binsd
12-14-2009, 08:00 PM
At least there's nothing breakable in that department!!! Wouldn't bother me though.

Globetrotter
12-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Fredericks of Hollywood style lingerie might be a problem for me (trying to explain the purpose if they asked :wink2:) but anything else is fine :)