PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or Something Else?

Piglet
12-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Let me preface by saying I already booked an appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning...

I am stumped. I have been feeling like I am having a non-stop anxiety/panic attack. It gets better, it gets worse, but it is still there. Of course, the more I thini about it the worse it gets... I have genuinely been feeling more stressed, anxious, etc. for the past little while. It started around my birthday a month ago. Out of the blue I started feeling all these crazy fears of everything - I have been scared of flying for the last year but it is getting worse, I get nervous when DH drives and keep telling him to slow down, I worry that something is wrong with my or the kids or my parents health. I just worry.

All this was annoying, but manageable. Then on Friday night everything went really off the rails. I felt like I was in a daze. I was in full on panic mode. DH was already asleep and I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was horribly wrong with me. It didn't help that I had some stomach issues and everytime I finally fell asleep, I had to wake up to use the toilet. Then Saturday morning I woke up feeling like it was all a horrible dream. I knew it was real, but it felt so distant and so removed and so crazy.

Saturday night I had a few drinks with DH and felt fine (as in, I could turn off my brain). Last night I got some bad news about some close friends moving away and I went into full-blown panic again. My cheeks got flushed, my heart started beating faster and I felt in a daze again. I felt a bit better within 1/2 an hour, but not 100%. I went to bed after talking to DH about it and woke up feeling better, but still in a hazy state and again feeling like it was all a bad dream. I was a bit out of sorts this morning until a bit later in the day when I ate something. It sort of seemed to help. I can't figure out if the 2 are connected, but I have been trying to eat a bit whenever I feel that panicky feeling. The weird thing about Friday was that I ate a huge dinner (though it obviosuly didn't sit well with me).

Is this anxiety? Is it low blood sugar? Is there something else? I will ask my doctor to run blood work (my thyroid needs to be checked anyway, but that is something I should stay on top of). What else should I be asking for?

Any help (or positive thoughts) appreciated!

Tondi G
12-14-2009, 05:55 PM
sounds like anxiety to me. I wake up with panic attacks sometimes and then immediately have to use the bathroom.... stomach issues are very common with anxiety. I often feel queezy for a few hours while I have anxiety and things tend to calm in the evening... then I can eat. When my anxiety/panic attacks are in full swing I tend to get that hazy detached feeling and feel weak. It sucked big time when I had a newborn to care for.

Hope your doctor can help you get things figured out/managed. HUGS