PDA

View Full Version : Poll: do you give the Baby Bargains book as a gift for 1st time moms?

AnnieW625
12-14-2009, 06:21 PM
So do you think the BB book is a good idea for first time moms?

We just found out yesterday that BIL's wife is expecting their first child next June. BIL's Wife and I don't usually get along very well (that's a whole other story I won't even bore you with!). She's a classic type A (not even a hint of B or C) so I thought I would extend the olive branch and give her a copy of the Baby Bargains book, which we found oh so useful when I had Elisa in 2006. DH thinks she'll be the know it all parent and won't take advice from anyone, but I thought what the heck?!

eta: fwiw I have skimmed through it and it's bigger than my 2005 edition (6th, I think) and ratings of some things have changed, like the Diaper Champ, I was soo suprised to read that it's now a C rating. I love my old original Diaper Champ and we plan to use it for #2. Do love that it's pretty stink free if you don't put poopy diapers in it and you put a Renuzit stick um thing on the bottom of the pail. So moms/dads who don't spend a lot of time here definitely check it out for your second or third kiddo.

LarsMal
12-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Yep! It's my go-to gift for 1st time parents. I got my first one as a gift when I got pg with DS and have given 4 or 5 over the past few years.

ETA: Duh, Didn't realize it was a poll at first! I only give them to close friends/family, not everyone I know who is expecting their first.

alandenisefields
12-14-2009, 07:43 PM
A quick thanks to all who give our book as a gift! We really do appreciate that!

Alan & Denise
authors, BABY BARGAINS

wellyes
12-14-2009, 07:47 PM
I'd give them to anyone except for brand-oriented people (of all income levels) who I think would not enjoy it as much. I've given maybe 4 copies in the past few years.

catpagmo
12-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Yes! I would have been completely lost if it wasn't for that book. I think it helps first timers so much!

cindys
12-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I LOVED LOVED my BB book when I was pg with my DS(3yrs).

I went into our local Borders and asked the male clerk where the baby books were and he asked me what I was looking for and at that time I was looking for the Consumer Reports book on baby items.

He says "Oh, there is a much better book" and he showed me the BB book...

I also bought the Toddler Bargains book and the revised BB book when pg with DS(1yr)

When my niece got engaged I bought her the Bridal Bargains book and she loves it...

Cindy

SnuggleBuggles
12-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Absolutely. I'd rather give them the book and hope for the best than hear them make really uninformed, bad decisions later on or complain about the crappy product they bought. It's such a valuable resource.

Beth