PDA

View Full Version : Teacher gift...what do you think?

SASM
12-14-2009, 07:07 PM
I have one of these and use it all the time. I found these at good price and thought they might make a good gift for our teachers. We have 1 male and 3 females (1 teacher and 2 assts). What do you think? I usually do gift cards to Target but this gift would be more economical this year, along with another small gift.

TIA.

ETA the link: :) http://www.swisstechtools.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=VZ75GDTdP68A

hbridge
12-14-2009, 07:20 PM
It's a great gift, but I would avoid it for teachers since it contains a knife. I'm not sure of the regulations, but would not be comfortable giving a knife as a teachers gift simply because of the political issues with them in school.

ha98ed14
12-14-2009, 07:20 PM
My DH, a teacher, would LOVE it. His female colleages? I think it would depend on the type. If she is a pump her own gas, go camping, no make up, no manicure, then I think she would go for it. If she was like the moms I know who don't pump their own gas, then, no. I don't think they'd appreciate it. But I would love it. I'm the first type :) .

traciann
12-14-2009, 07:21 PM
It looks neat, but I don't think I would use something like this. It would make me nervous to carry it around with small kids who like my keys.

KrisM
12-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I want one! That looks great.

I'm not sure about others that I know though. I would think many would like it, but some are not at all do it yourself people and maybe not those.

o_mom
12-14-2009, 07:42 PM
It's a great gift, but I would avoid it for teachers since it contains a knife. I'm not sure of the regulations, but would not be comfortable giving a knife as a teachers gift simply because of the political issues with them in school.

:yeahthat:

With the zero tolerance these days, your child could be suspended or expelled just for bringing it to school to give them.

KrisM
12-14-2009, 08:10 PM
I am going to get a couple for gifts (not teachers) and found them cheaper from an Amazon seller: http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Tech-UKCSB-1-Utili-Key-2-Pack/dp/B002N62DQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1260835738&sr=8-1. It's $19 shipped for a 2-pack.

fauve01
12-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Honestly, I'd rather have the Target gift card (in whatever amount you could manage).

A + DD 10-03

Corie
12-14-2009, 08:21 PM
I think this tool is very awesome!! Not sure if I would buy it for the
teachers but I'd love one for myself and for my husband.

Cool idea!

Cam&Clay
12-14-2009, 09:25 PM

With the zero tolerance these days, your child could be suspended or expelled just for bringing it to school to give them.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

It's nice, but I wouldn't let your child bring it onto school grounds.

SASM
12-14-2009, 10:14 PM

Wow! This, obviously, never occurred to me! It is annoyingly packaged in shrinkwrapped hard plastic that takes all of your might to get the &^*% out. I was especially excited about giving this to DS's male elementary...not such a good idea now. :( Maybe if I walk it in with him? I am not as concerned about DD's teacher and assts b/c it is a VERY informal pre-K. Hmmm...

SASM
12-14-2009, 10:16 PM
I am going to get a couple for gifts (not teachers) and found them cheaper from an Amazon seller: http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Tech-UKCSB-1-Utili-Key-2-Pack/dp/B002N62DQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1260835738&sr=8-1. It's $19 shipped for a 2-pack.

If you live near a Wegmans, they are on sale for $6.99. :)

infocrazy
12-14-2009, 10:20 PM
I think this tool is very awesome!! Not sure if I would buy it for the
teachers but I'd love one for myself and for my husband.

Cool idea!

:yeahthat: In fact, I'm perusing the different options on Amazon right now...

KrisM
12-14-2009, 10:24 PM
If you live near a Wegmans, they are on sale for $6.99. :)

Nope. Bummer. What kind of store and where in the store are they? I'll look around here and see if I can get them local. Although, at $19/2, that's only $9.50 each with no tax. I should just figure out who needs one and order them.

SASM
12-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Nope. Bummer. What kind of store and where in the store are they? I'll look around here and see if I can get them local. Although, at $19/2, that's only $9.50 each with no tax. I should just figure out who needs one and order them.

That is a great price! I just like mine better! :D Mine does have a gift box, though. Wegmans is THE BEST grocery chain, located on the East Coast (NY, NJ, PA, & VA). If you ever have the opportunity, you HAVE to check one out. Then again, I was raised in Wegmans and would literally travel 1.5 hour to shop there, if need be. :)

Happy gifting...glad I could help. DH and I each have one and we use them ALL THE TIME. I love that it is blended into the keys so it doesn't really stand out, on the off-chance that one of my DCs are holding my keys (they are not allowed to play with my keys). Your ticker is cute. :)

o_mom
12-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Wow! This, obviously, never occurred to me! It is annoyingly packaged in shrinkwrapped hard plastic that takes all of your might to get the &^*% out. I was especially excited about giving this to DS's male elementary...not such a good idea now. :( Maybe if I walk it in with him? I am not as concerned about DD's teacher and assts b/c it is a VERY informal pre-K. Hmmm...

I guess if you walked in with it, it might be OK. I just keep thinking about that poor Eagle Scout who had a First Aid kit in the trunk of his car that had a small pocket knife in it. He was suspended for 20 days due to zero tolerance. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/16/matthew-whalen-eagle-scou_n_321220.html

KrisM
12-14-2009, 10:40 PM
That is a great price! I just like mine better! :D Mine does have a gift box, though. Wegmans is THE BEST grocery chain, located on the East Coast (NY, NJ, PA, & VA). If you ever have the opportunity, you HAVE to check one out. Then again, I was raised in Wegmans and would literally travel 1.5 hour to shop there, if need be. :)

Happy gifting...glad I could help. DH and I each have one and we use them ALL THE TIME. I love that it is blended into the keys so it doesn't really stand out, on the off-chance that one of my DCs are holding my keys (they are not allowed to play with my keys). Your ticker is cute. :)

We drive through NY, but don't really stop. But, if I do, I'll check them out!

I am ordering 4 - me, DH, my dad, my brother. Perfect.

SASM
12-14-2009, 10:43 PM
I guess if you walked in with it, it might be OK. I just keep thinking about that poor Eagle Scout who had a First Aid kit in the trunk of his car that had a small pocket knife in it. He was suspended for 20 days due to zero tolerance. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/16/matthew-whalen-eagle-scou_n_321220.html

Same goes for the 1st grade boy who ate lunch with his camping tool. :(

SASM
12-14-2009, 10:49 PM
We drive through NY, but don't really stop. But, if I do, I'll check them out!

I am ordering 4 - me, DH, my dad, my brother. Perfect.

Are you talking about 90/NYS Thruway? If so, the flagship store (Pittsford) is about 10 minutes off the thruway. :) In addition to awesome produce and groceries, it is a good stop for restrooms, lunch/dinner, a kid movie on Fri and Sat eves. :) Unfortunately, this location does not have childcare.