PDA

View Full Version : Nanny holiday gift help needed

Twin Mom
12-15-2009, 12:38 AM
For those of you with nannies, what do you give them for the holidays? One weeks pay? Some other amount or an actual gift or giftcard? I need to figure this out by Wednesday since our nanny will be off until after Christmas. She works 20 hours/week watching my twins after school, helping with homework, doing light housework, DC's laundry and some cooking.

Thanks.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-15-2009, 12:53 AM
As a former, nanny, I was given the $$$ for one week, sometimes two. I was usually given a gift from the kiddos, too. A mug or a scarf, something small but picked by the kids.
I was with one family for awhile and they got me out of the ordinary lavish gifts...

Money is standard.

Momof3Labs
12-15-2009, 01:06 AM
The last two years, we've given two weeks' pay in cash, plus bought very nice gifts for her two teenage daughters who come along to help occasionally. We've only seen the girls once or twice this year, so I think that we'll skip their gifts this year (plus we never get thanked - in person, in writing, nothing). Nanny's pay went up a lot this year with the birth of the twins, but haven't decided if we'll give the old amount (a nice round number) or two weeks' pay at her new rate.