PDA

View Full Version : need help choosing boots

AbbysMom
12-15-2009, 09:22 AM
I need to buy warm boots just to keep warm running around with the kids in the yard. These will be my only snow boots probably be for years so I don't want anything to trendy. I'd like to buy from DSW b/c I have rewards certificates and liked these two.

Which should I buy? These are my options:

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=14&sort=-rating&category=dsw10cat120044&prodId=192620&brand=

or

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?productRef=CROSS%3A&category=dsw10cat120044&prodId=192599&brand=

Thanks!

Melaine
12-15-2009, 09:23 AM
I really like the first ones....so cute. I would go for tall if it were me.

WitMom
12-15-2009, 10:52 AM
I like the first ones, too. Do you have a lot of snow/slush/mud in your area? Will they hold up to that?

jenandahalf
12-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Actually I think the shorter ones are more practical.

MontrealMum
12-15-2009, 09:35 PM
I think the 1st ones are cuter, and much more practical. Though I suppose it depends where you live. I live in an extremely wintery climate and need longer boots to keep the snow/slush out on normal days. Don't get me started on big snow days. I only wear ankle boots to keep warm in the fall before it starts snowing. I'm on my 2nd pair of waterproof suede boots and I've found that they hold up nicely. You do need to wipe them down if they've been in salt, but you have to do that with boots of any material, well, except rubber.

WatchingThemGrow
12-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I like taller ones but I'd lean more toward a Sorel or something that I could also use to walk around on a ski vacation. The lower ones look comfy.

jenandahalf
12-16-2009, 10:28 AM
It's pretty cold where I live too, until recently I could never tuck any trousers into longer boots which is why I always went for the shorter ones. Especially if I am wearing pants that need to look nice when I get there, they are only tucked in a little so crease less. And they are easier to kick on and off, I need to sit down to get my longer boots off!