PDA

View Full Version : ISO a deal on WEBCAM for my parents

Mamma2004
12-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Ahhhh, with my father's job loss last spring it looks like they will probably need to sell their home of nearly 30 years :crying:

Understandably, they don't want any Christmas presents that they will just have to pack and move. However, I thought a Webcam could help us all to feel a little more connected during this emotional time.

They have both a laptop and a desktop PC. Any idea where I would get the best webcam for the money?

Thanks so much!

mousemom
12-15-2009, 11:50 AM
We just got webcams for both sets of grandparents for Christmas. Based on reviews on CNET, Amazon, etc., we went with the Microsoft LifeCam VX-5000, which you can usually get on sale between $25 and $35. It sounds like the Logitech Pro-9000 is probably the top of the line, but it was out of our price range at around $90. We haven't given the gifts yet, but we did set up and try the LifeCam we got for ourselves and we were pleased with the picture and sound quality. HTH!

Wife_and_mommy
12-15-2009, 11:58 AM
We and our IL's just got the Philips SPC 1300NC. It's working out great for us. The kids and grandparents *love* it.

Nyfeara
12-15-2009, 12:51 PM
We bounced between Amazon & newegg.com for the Logitech Pro 9000. I saw them as low as $68 on Amazon, but wasn't ready to buy at that time. When we did buy, they were on sale at Newegg for about $72. Haven't tried them out yet, but the reviews were promising.