PDA

View Full Version : St. Regis Monarch Beach-kid friendly

cchavez
12-15-2009, 12:08 PM
We are planning on spending a few nites there some time in May.....is it kid friendly for a 7 y.o. and 4 year old.....??? 7 y.o has food allergies...tia!

bluestarfish18
12-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I grew up right near Monarch Beach and love visiting the resturants there. I personaly have never stayed there (seeing that it's $$$$$$$$$), but it falls under the same category at Ritz Carlton. Ritz generally has great childcare and goes above and beyond to make sure kids are happy...maybe SR has a similar idea? Take a peek at their website...http://www.stregismb.com/play_kids.aspx

JamiMac
12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
We stayed there this summer and also used to live about 10 minutes from there. I don't know if I would call it especially "kid friendly" but it has some nice options for kids. There is a designated children's pool that has a baby pool, maybe 18" deep, and a regular large heated pool. There is a botanical garden in the back, down below that is fun for kids to walk through, and hiking trails/sidewalks also. Lots and lots of bunnies everywhere. :) There is a tram that takes you down to Salt Creek Beach and back. This is a nice beach and if you walk farther down by the Ritz Carlton, there is a snack bar. There are also tide pools behind the Ritz that are neat for kids. The hotel is very, very quiet though. It's mainly older people, at least when we stayed there. My kids might or might not have ruined a couple's romantic stroll through the botanical garden. ;) If you don't plan on staying at the hotel the whole time, there is tons to do around that area within 10 minutes or so. My favorite place in the country!

AnnieW625
12-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Honestly I would look for a private home to be rented in the same area, try VRBO.com or homeaway.com, unless you were looking at specifically spending all of your time at the resort and having your kids go to the baby sitting area. There are oodles of things to do for kids in the area (and in the OC in general), Salt Creek is a nice beach, as are plenty of beaches further south in San Clemente.

cchavez
12-15-2009, 03:24 PM
We are planning on spending 10 day in the S. Cal area sometime in May. We have a ton of hotel pts which include the St. Regis. That is why we are planning on spending a nite or two there....we will also stay at the Sheraton in Aneheim while we visit Disneyland. Just starting to talk about our trip...will plan after the holidays. Thanks for the feedback.

AnnieW625
12-15-2009, 03:41 PM
That's cool! Enjoy your trip! I'd stay at a nice hotel like that too if I had points:)