PDA

View Full Version : You know you have a shopping problem...

fortato
12-15-2009, 12:09 PM
When you see the UPS guy, not in his uniform....and your 3 year old recognizes him.

"Hey! Mommy!! That's your friend! UPS guy!" Thank goodness DH wasn't there.

wellyes
12-15-2009, 12:21 PM
LOL
Earlier today I saw the UPS truck and he delivered a package.... across the street. I felt a little betrayed.

calv
12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
my neighbor across from us said we have always something being dropped off @ our house. I must diagree w/her. LMAO! :) Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

truly scrumptious
12-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Or when a package arrives and you can't remember what it is because you have bought so many things in the past few days and can't keep track...

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-15-2009, 12:27 PM
my neighbor across from us said we have always something being dropped off @ our house. I must diagree w/her. LMAO! :) Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:yeahthat:
They said they see the truck and know it is for us. We do get 7th Gen. Pull-ups, TP, cleaning products and stuff via S&S, too.

srhs
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
:hysterical:

and...when you are crazy relieved only one package arrived on DH's day off!

catpagmo
12-15-2009, 12:40 PM
When you see the UPS guy, not in his uniform....and your 3 year old recognizes him.

"Hey! Mommy!! That's your friend! UPS guy!" Thank goodness DH wasn't there.

:ROTFLMAO: So funny!

soontobe
12-15-2009, 01:00 PM
:yeahthat:
They said they see the truck and know it is for us. We do get 7th Gen. Pull-ups, TP, cleaning products and stuff via S&S, too.

where do you order all that stuff from?

alien_host
12-15-2009, 01:03 PM
That's funny :)

Or when you start having things shipped under your husband's name just to make the UPS guy think you aren't the only one shopping ;) Although the UPS guy rang the bell to ask if this person really lives here. "yes, that must be my husband's item" ;)

Seriously though, I did have something shipped under DH's name, I can't remember why and the UPS guy did inquire.

My neighbors must think I'm crazy b/c the UPS truck often parks by our house on the street to take a break or figure out where is going next b/c he can be parked outside for a LONG time.

elephantmeg
12-15-2009, 01:06 PM
where do you order all that stuff from?

it sounds like amazon.com's subscribe and save

soontobe
12-15-2009, 01:08 PM
it sounds like amazon.com's subscribe and save

thanks! how do u subscribe?

hellokitty
12-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Or when a package arrives and you can't remember what it is because you have bought so many things in the past few days and can't keep track...

Lol, yes I have had this particular problem before!

veronica
12-15-2009, 01:11 PM

and...when you are crazy relieved only one package arrived on DH's day off!

And you pray for no Sat. deliveries when he is home and are so happy nothing comes on Sunday!

StantonHyde
12-15-2009, 01:55 PM
OMG, that is funny!!! My kids know the "coffee girls" (the girls who work at our local drive through coffee place) and are SOOOO excited when they see them in public. But the UPS guy--that's good. :hysterical:

jgenie
12-15-2009, 03:52 PM

I know this one .... :bag

mecawa
12-15-2009, 04:02 PM
I can relate to all of these!!!

BabyMine
12-15-2009, 04:06 PM
I get sad when I come home and there isn't anything by my front door. I feel giddy when I get a package even if I know what is in it.

creativelightbulb
12-15-2009, 05:10 PM
I can relate to all of these...

the classic comic moment at our house was when my husband and I first got engaged and he rented his townhouse and officially moved in with me...

the UPS guy comes to the door...my fiance answers and the UPS guy was offended...asked him three times what his name was because he couldn't read his signature on the lil terminal...

my husband returned to teh basement with my package laughing about the reaction...my "boyfriend' the UPS man had at a man answering my door....he wanted to know just what kind of relationship I was having with "Brown"... :hysterical:

I told him he was my retail therapist...I see him once a week....

WatchingThemGrow
12-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Yeah, the UPS guy just said something to the effect of, "Well, we don't stop at your house EVERY day. It's not THAT bad!" Thank goodness it wasn't the guy who delivered (in just 3 years) all our wedding gifts, the rest of the wedding GC stuff we bought, the first baby gifts, the huge Amazon diaper deals x 4 (3-4 boxes each), the gifts and gear for the subsequent babies, 7 carseats, last Christmas' load of Amazon items, a decent supply of HA orders and all that. HE knows, my name, my car when I'm driving down the street, etc. This new guy doesn't know the history :)

citymama
12-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Our UPS guy is a total flirt - as far as I can tell, with both men and women. (Which is a helpful attitude in San Francisco! ;)) He'll bring a box by and say "New shoes for [DD's name goes here]!" (he knows all our names) or "looks like someone got new clothes!" or "hey, did [DH] get to order something this time?"

Great stories, everyone!

fortato
12-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm sort of wishing I lived in a warm climate, so that when UPS came, the guy would be wearing his shortie shorts.

That's the highlight of my summer.

eliasmom
12-15-2009, 08:17 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only offender. I am sooooo glad DH wasn't home tonight when the UPS lady (ahem, I actually have THREE UPS delivery people although not a single hottie among them) delivered my five packages. Is it my fault that Amazon ships as soon as part of the order is ready and has been having sick deals lately?! :bag

jerigirl
12-15-2009, 09:32 PM
It's sad when I open the door to get a package from the Fedex guy and there are already other packages on the porch from USPS and UPS. :bag

srhs
12-15-2009, 10:02 PM
A little OT but when UPS brought 5 boxes today, DS1 started saying, "Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!" :ROTFLMAO:
He's only had delivery once, but I guess it made an impression.

Ceepa
12-15-2009, 10:09 PM
I love the look of my porch with packages. :applause:

Globetrotter
12-15-2009, 10:17 PM
...or you place a $25 Amazon free shipping order every day this week because you keep remembering people you have to buy presents for!

Granted, my parents have asked me to purchase gifts for all the kids this year! (even my SIL and brother asked me to buy a few things on their behalf)

lmintzer
12-15-2009, 10:32 PM
These are hysterical! I am LMAO!

(I have to admit: I was wondering if I should get my UPS delivery guy a holiday gift. Does anyone do that? We always get something for the mail carrier.)

jgenie
12-15-2009, 11:14 PM
I had three deliveries today - one from UPS, one from FedEx, and one from USPS. DH carried the boxes out with the recycling but didn't comment. :)

alien_host
12-15-2009, 11:23 PM
No delivery today and I miss the UPS guy.... ;) Although he came with 4 packages the other day and both of them had to came to the door! Gotta love how they have an "assistant" at the holidays.

ETA: And Fex Ex came on Saturday...and it's a little creepy that at the holidays they use a plain white van with a FedEx "sticker" on it or a Budget truck.

newg
12-15-2009, 11:28 PM
how about when the UPS guy seems to know the nap schedule..........I swear, before we moved to our new house our old UPS guy knew when DD took her naps!!

I can safely admit that DH gets more packages than me because he works from home.................

but knowing the UPS guy out of uniform is hysterical!!

jgenie
12-15-2009, 11:35 PM
how about when the UPS guy seems to know the nap schedule..........I swear, before we moved to our new house our old UPS guy knew when DD took her naps!!

Our UPS guy won't ring the bell during nap time - he just leaves the packages out of the way of the door so he won't wake DS. :)

gatorsmom
12-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Ok, not a delivery problem but.. you know you have a shopping problem when you are bringing out purchases from a store and have no room for them IN YOUR MINIVAN because the purchases from your last shopping trip are still in there taking up any extra room.

jacksmomtobe
12-15-2009, 11:56 PM
And you pray for no Sat. deliveries when he is home and are so happy nothing comes on Sunday!
Mine addiction is Boden and when I know something is due to arrive I'm always watching like a hawk for the Mailman on Saturdays. So many of my packages regardless of when it was shipped seem to arrive on Saturdays. I'm always doing the quick grab and slip upstairs. Up until DH started a new job today he was working from home a lot so after school drop off I was often doing drive bys of my own home hoping to catch a package before he did.

fortato
12-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Ok... So, this morning I came downstairs to see that Jack had made a fort out of all the Amazon boxes.
A BIG fort.

So, either my shopping problem spawned something good, or it's worse than I thought.

viba424
12-18-2009, 08:47 AM
My mailroom guy knows my unit number and I dont even have to ask if I have a package, he just gets it

I have called a store to see who is working so I dont embarass myself for going in there too much

I never have a shortage of cardboard boxes to return stuff because I get about 2 a day

My unborn child has as many socks, hats and gloves as I do, and more clothes than my husband and maybe even me

I could go on and on....:barf:

mommylamb
12-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Here is my "you know you have a shopping problem"... when you get a package from American Express with a present because you're such a good customer. Yup, yesterday I got my American Express thank you gift...

viba424
12-18-2009, 10:32 AM
These are all so funny, and strike scarily close to home too, haha! :jammin:

hollybloom24
12-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Awesome! LOL!

bcafe
12-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey at least we are keeping the economy afloat and the delivery folks are keeping their jobs! That is my justification anyway...