PDA

View Full Version : Convertible carseat for travel?

peachiekeen
12-15-2009, 05:27 PM
We have a Britax Boulevard that we love but we need a convertible carseat for travel. DH thinks the boulevard is too "bulky" to lug around the airport. Is there another carseat that makes travel more convenient that you would recommend? Maybe we should just get one of those gogokids travelmate things?

codex57
12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Scenera. Super cheap and super light.

arivecchi
12-15-2009, 06:44 PM
I hated travelling with the Blvd too. We got a Scenera for air travel.

ckelly
12-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Posted this on the other board but thought I'd put it here too:

I purchased the Evenflo Tribute V on sale and with a coupon for like $45 from Kmart for a trip from Cincinnati to New Zealand and back a month ago and now it is the seat that I use every day. People really like the scenera but I liked the Tribute better because it was deeper and looked more comfortable (ok, so I guess those are a little superficial). The Scenera is higher so would probably last longer but ours was initially only going to be used for travel so once dd grew out of it we would use it for baby #2. While I was travelling I saw someone with a Marathon on a gogo kidz and she was not able to roll it down the aisle of the planes we were on. My tribute was attached to a rolling carryon (using the latch straps and three heavy duty metal links) and we were able to literally roll it down the aisle of the plane at up to the seat. Made flying so much easier and less expensive than the gogo kidz. HTH

krapp
12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
I recently purchased a Radian 65 as a second car seat, but I also plan to use it for travel. It is heavy, but it folds flat and can be carried over your shoulder. I found one on diapers.com for about $165 (price match + bing+ new customer discount)