PDA

View Full Version : baby harness

soontobe
12-15-2009, 09:19 PM
I am looking for a harness for ds so I can let him walk around and not have to be worried about losing him.
I found this one. does anyone know the website or have a review about the harness?

http://www.babyharness.com/product/bb-H-black

thanks!

gatorsmom
12-15-2009, 11:51 PM
I don't know about that one but I have this. http://www.amazon.com/Eddie-Bauer-Harness-Buddy-Monkey/dp/B001OB9LBI

I got it at Target when I read some great reviews here about it and saw it on sale one day. One big problem with a harness for a toddler is the comments that other people make about the child being on a leash. The nice thing about the one I linked to is that it looks so much like a backpack (the monkey's tale is the leash) that most people don't realize what it is when they see the child wearing it.

Some parents here have commented on how much they like these, so it is definitely worth trying out, imho. I don't know anything about the one you linked to, but I would think that because is looks so much like a harness that you'd get annoying comments from inconsiderate people.

larig
12-16-2009, 12:22 AM
just bought the monkey eddie bauer one at target today! Tried it out in the house. Seems to fit well, and we needed it!

JBaxter
12-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Jack is getting the monkey one for christmas. He is already started to dart.

deenass
12-16-2009, 12:40 AM
We have "pup-pup" (the puppy version of the Eddie Bauer one). It is an invaluable piece of baby equipment in our house.

One of the moms on this board once said "better on a leash then on the back of a milk carton!" I have found that comment will shut up almost everyone who feels the need to comment on my use of one.

randomkid
12-16-2009, 01:40 AM
Another vote for the backpack style from Target. DD had the puppy and LOVED it! Even if it was a short trip in and out of a store and we didn't need it, she insisted on wearing it. Same as the monkey, the tail is the leash. People see this style and just think it is so cute. I only got positive comments when DD was wearing it.

The one you linked to looks like it would ride up to his chest. The backpack style has two straps, one at the chest and one down low around the waist. It stays in place nicely. I was actually sad when we didn't need it anymore.

soontobe
12-16-2009, 09:38 AM
I saw the eddie bauer one and almost bought it-but one reviewer said her child could get out because the buckels are in the front.....? anyone have comments on that?

MoJo
12-16-2009, 09:49 AM
We also have the Eddie Bauer monkey one. We've only used it a couple of times because DD hasn't gotten the concept yet and has fallen on her face several times when she tried to go somewhere the "leash" wouldn't allow her. I'm afraid she'll hurt herself, because she doesn't seem to be learning from her mistakes yet. Therefore, most of the time it's much easier to keep her in a stroller or a shopping cart. (It's great if we're allowing her to explore and wander almost wherever she wants with a parent following. It's not working at all if we are trying to direct where we want to go or don't want to go!)

jenandahalf
12-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Yes get ready for the mommy drive-bys! We used one (bought in Europe, sorry!) and got comments all the time but my daughter was out of her stroller at 3.5 years old, I'd rather do the harness than push a 6 year old around. If you use public transport or travel a lot like we did then there comes a point where a stroller is just too much of a hassle.

I like the earlier suggestion of better on a leash than a milk carton!

elliput
12-16-2009, 10:13 AM
I saw the eddie bauer one and almost bought it-but one reviewer said her child could get out because the buckels are in the front.....? anyone have comments on that?

She must be using on a pre-schooler or older. For young toddler, there is no way they can unbuckle themselves. Also, the harness can be worn with the animal on the front, as there is an additional D-ring on one side to which one can hook the tail.

We also have the puppy harness. It has been one of the best baby purchases I have made. When I got it, all I knew is that DD didn't like to hold hands and would bee-line for anything that caught her attention so I knew I needed something that would keep her close. Practically every time we were out and DD was wearing the puppy, someone asked where they could get one.

mommylamb
12-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Also proud owners of the monkey backpack harness here. I don't care what other people think. Though, to be honest, we don't use it very much any more. DS calls it monkey and he plays with it like any other stuffed animal.

wellyes
12-16-2009, 10:16 AM
We have the monkey one too - they sell at BJs. It's worth a shot, seems safe enough to me (of course child must be supervised when using it). DD wouldn't tolerate being leashed, but every child is different. And I still got use out of it, strapped the monkey to her stroller for her to play with.

longamkl
01-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Have any of the Moms of twins (or gasp, more) tried one of these harnesses on their toddlers? We've had the mildest winter here and I'd love to let them explore outside some more but with just one of me and two of them running in opposite directions, I'm terrified. Would this work for letting them explore without me being torn in two?

Thanks for any advice.

daisymommy
01-26-2010, 08:02 PM
We have the monkey one, and have used it with both Josh and Hannah so far, with great success. I have never received bad looks or comments on it. Everyone thinks it's so cute and clever. And my kids loved it too. They just called it their monkey back pack :)