PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Good Deal on an Inglesina Zippy?

la petite étoile
12-16-2009, 03:32 PM
I found a 2008 Inglesina Zippy in the Black "Lavagna" color for $100 on Craigslist. Supposedly in excellent condition "All manuals included, as well as cup holder, snack tray, unused rain cover in its own bag, and carrying case." It sounds like a super deal...should I snatch it up (it's about 45 minutes travel time from my house)? Anything to look for when I go see it? Are there any problems for this year of Zippy? Thanks! :)

AnnieW625
12-16-2009, 03:36 PM
YES! I would definitely check it out in person. I don't know of any problems with the Zippy, but about a year ago when the Right Start was still in business they said that they had stopped carrying the line of strollers because they weren't as well made as they once were. I have never heard a bad thing about them here though.

la petite étoile
12-16-2009, 04:38 PM
I thought it sounded good. I had been researching zippy's and it was at the top of my list. This is the craigslist ad http://annapolis.craigslist.org/bab/1493901287.html This is my first baby and I might be a bit early looking at strollers but I over research everything! It seems like it'd be a good all around stroller to have especially for the price, I could always resell it if I didn't like it :thumbsup:.

codex57
12-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Seems to be an awesome price. Other than Right Start, I hadn't heard anyone complain about quality of the Zippy. I'm wondering if Right Start, since they're no longer in business, was just blaming the supplier rather than themselves.

My local independent (which is apparently huge), stopped carrying Inglesina. However, they said it wasn't cuz of quality (quality was fine). It's cuz Inglesina's US business office was horrible (never kept shipping dates, screwed up orders, etc). Said they were too frustrating to deal with so they decided to just stop carrying that company.

kristac
12-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I'd snatch it in an instant. Zippy's never come up on craigslist here :( I've been watching for 6 months now and not a one.