PDA

View Full Version : Difference between 2004 Roundabout & Now?

light-castle
12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
I have a 2004 Roundabout. Is there any differences between the 2004 & the current model?

My DS is 5 months old...is there any way to recline the seat a little more?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Jennifer626
12-16-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't know about the Roundabout specifically, but most carseats expire after 5/6 years...there is a sticker on the bottom that says "do not use after this date"...I would be scared of a 2004 seat...

AnnieW625
12-16-2009, 03:50 PM
The seat is good for 6 yrs. so depending on when it was made in 2004 it will be good until that date in 2010. Enjoy the seat while you have it! I don't think there are any differences in the models, however if you are looking online there is a new seat called the Roundabout 50, which is basically a Marathon with less features (it's bigger than the regular Roundabout so if you have a compact car it might be a tight fit).

Joolsplus2
12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Put the seat in the proper recline mode, and push down in the seat and on the back as you do the installing, it's just sort of a push and tug at the right angles situation. Hopefully there's still a Tether Connector Strap with the seat? Tie that to the rear seat leg of the front seat, tether it, and give it a gentle tug down if you still need more recline.
And unfortunately it WILL expire either in the next month or you might have a year left, you get 6 years from the date of manufacture. That may give you some time to shop around for a new seat (to rearface to at least age 2, and harness to at least age 5... most big convertibles can easily do that now, the Roundabout is tiny and wouldn't last you long enough anyway). And to actually answer your question, yes, the newer Roundabouts have been improved and are probably safer now, with better energy management systems (the base and top tether collapse and rip out in a crash), allowing the child in the seat to 'ride down' the crash longer and reduce injury risk. Rearfacing is probably about the same, though, so if the seat is otherwise safe, it's fine (be sure the manual, labels, and all the parts are on it, call 1-888-4BRITAX to make sure there's no recalls, though I don't think there is one).

:)