PDA

View Full Version : Booster weights - 40lbs with clothes or 40lbs without clothes?

niccig
12-16-2009, 04:17 PM
DS is nearly 5 yo, 38lbs fully clothed about 36 without. I have not intention to move him to a booster in our cars as he still fits. If I start work, I may need other people to drive him on field trips. I have a Go and a RSTV, but they are fiddly for people that are not used to them. There is one mother I could teach how to use the RSTV, she's very aware of car seat issues and I would trust her. I'm going to get a Parkway SG when DS is 40lbs, but do I need to wait until his 40lbs without clothes or with - for DS it could take 6-9 months to put on 2lbs, so it is a little way off. I just want to know what to go by.

Joolsplus2
12-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Considering the dummy they test in the seat is only 35 pounds...well... I wouldn't sweat it... with clothes is fine.

;)

niccig
12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Considering the dummy they test in the seat is only 35 pounds...well... I wouldn't sweat it... with clothes is fine.

;)

Ok...it's still 2 lbs though and as I said, that could take DS a while. We would only do it if we had to.

I had one of the other boys today tell me I had the seat belt wrong on his booster. It was a low back booster, and I didn't have the buckle side going UNDER the arms. I thanked him and told him he should always tell someone if they do it wrong - something else to make sure DS knows what to do if he's in someone else's car.

Joolsplus2
12-16-2009, 04:34 PM
High five to THAT kid :).

Yeah, always spend copious amounts of time teaching and reteaching kids how to be safe in their seats and seatbelts, because you just never know when that lesson will be needed (my ds was 11 when he kept telling his friends to put the shoulderbelt in FRONT of them and to even buckle up at all on a carpool trip to a party once, I'm still proud of him a year later, lol).