PDA

View Full Version : Best character breakfast?

DebbieJ
12-16-2009, 10:50 PM
We are going to WDW in June. I earned a free trip with my company. I am so excited!

We are staying at the Coronado Springs and will have a 3-day Park Hopper. We have a breakfast buffet and Magic Hours on our 2nd day there, but want to plan a character meal (preferably breakfast) on either day 1 or 3 (Sunday or Tuesday).

Besides Cinderella's Castle, where is the best character breakfast?

Any other tips doing this with a 6 yo and 9 mo?

billysmommy
12-16-2009, 11:17 PM
We love the Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh and friends at the Magic Kingdom and Donald's Safari breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom (Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were there when we went)

Momof3Labs
12-16-2009, 11:59 PM
We love the Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh and friends at the Magic Kingdom and Donald's Safari breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom (Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were there when we went)

:yeahthat:

congrats on the trip!!!

JTsMom
12-17-2009, 08:16 AM
I base character meals mainly on the characters DS is most into. Do your kids have any favorites?

I do like TH and CP, but keep in mind that they are both buffets, and that could make things a little trickier ime. You have to time going up for food in between characters, and keep the kids corralled, and you're BUSY when the characters do come around, b/c you want to take pics, etc.

My personal favorite is Ohana. You can take the monorail there, the character interaction is good and not so rushed (Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch), the kids get to march in a little parade with maracas, and the food is good- all you can eat, served in a big skillet family style. They bring good coffee, a blended tropical juice (which we love), pineapple and some other type of bread, fruit, Mickey waffles, bacon, potato wedges, eggs, and biscuits- there may be something else on there too.

One thing to keep in mind is how many rides you want to do b/c early morning is the prime time to do that without lines. If you're having b'fast during touring time, it really puts a damper on that, so I always book early enough that we can be done before rope drop. Ohana is good for that reason too, b/c it's a little quicker than some of the others. CP seems to take the lonest- you need around an hour and a half for there. On the plus side though, if you book it before the park opens, you can get in early and take pics in front of the castle and on main street with almost nobody in them.

bnme
12-17-2009, 09:08 AM
We like Ohana best. Better food (family style, not buffet) IMO. Better character interaction -they do a parade with the kids and visit each table.

And you can't beat Chef Mickeys for having the classic characters -Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald. We also did Cape May's breakfast and the food was very good (super yummy grits!) but only had Minnie, Goofy and Donald.

Certain places can be hard to get depending what hotel you are at and whether or not you have a rental car.

Have a great trip! My tip is to not miss the Spectro Magic parade. 6 is a great age to really enjoy almost everything.

Corie
12-21-2009, 02:54 PM
My personal favorite is Ohana. You can take the monorail there, the character interaction is good and not so rushed (Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch), the kids get to march in a little parade with maracas, and the food is good- all you can eat, served in a big skillet family style. They bring good coffee, a blended tropical juice (which we love), pineapple and some other type of bread, fruit, Mickey waffles, bacon, potato wedges, eggs, and biscuits- there may be something else on there too.

This is our family's favorite breakfast too! We love it!

Cuckoomamma
01-12-2010, 05:11 PM
We loved Ohana, too. My girls liked the characters more at some of the other places, but we all REALLY enjoyed the breakfast at Ohana. We saw all the characters (other character meals, in the parks) but the atmosphere at Ohana was just really pleasant.

malibelle
01-14-2010, 01:43 PM
I vote for Ohana too, its nice because you also don't have to get up and get your breakfast, they bring everything to you.

erosenst
01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
DD's favorite characters are the Pooh ones, so her favorite is Crystal Palace. We found the food to be definitely ok (!) as well.

DebbieJ
01-14-2010, 10:12 PM
we are trying to maximize our time in the parks, so we've booked Crystal Palace at MK and Donald's Safari Breakfast at AK.

Any favorite spots to eat in Epcot?

Momof3Labs
01-14-2010, 10:31 PM
we are trying to maximize our time in the parks, so we've booked Crystal Palace at MK and Donald's Safari Breakfast at AK.

Any favorite spots to eat in Epcot?

Garden Grill. The food is pretty good, the atmosphere is nice and relaxing (rotating restaurant that is actually very QUIET - unusual for Disney), and the character interaction is outstanding, better than anywhere else we've eaten in our four trips with kids.

Corie
01-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Garden Grill. The food is pretty good, the atmosphere is nice and relaxing (rotating restaurant that is actually very QUIET - unusual for Disney), and the character interaction is outstanding, better than anywhere else we've eaten in our four trips with kids.

Yes! I totally agree. We did Garden Grill on our last trip based on Lori's (Momof3Labs) recommendation. We loved it!! The character interaction
was fantastic. Lots of extra time spent at our table compared to other meals.

billysmommy
01-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Yes! I totally agree. We did Garden Grill on our last trip based on Lori's (Momof3Labs) recommendation. We loved it!! The character interaction
was fantastic. Lots of extra time spent at our table compared to other meals.

:yeahthat:

Even my MIL/FIL loved it and they're not the character meal type

klwa
01-15-2010, 08:13 AM

GG is the greatest! Of course, they only do supper now, no breakfast or lunch, but it was so fun! (We went when the spinning part was broken, but still had a great experience.)

egoldber
01-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Yes, GG is a good choice for a character meal.

Other TS meals that our kids enjoy are Biergarten and the pub in England. You can also get CS food and sit at the tables outside the pub that overlook the lake, which is very pretty and shaded.

The food at the Mexican restaurant in the Pyramid is OK, but it's fun eating inside the pyramid and it is also very quiet.

There is, of course, the princess meal in Norway. ;)

Our favorite CS meal is the Tangierene (sp?) Cafe in Morocco.