PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Lots of Amazon goodies for lightning deal coming up today.

sewarsh
12-17-2009, 09:16 AM
just a head up...including Radio Flyer ATW wagon, Vtech Kidizoom camera, Corelle Tidoo doll, Trouble, Scholastic 100 books, and more.

Seitvonzu
12-17-2009, 09:29 AM
ugh. i was so DONE ---- how much do you guys think the scholastic 100 will go for? i've resisted this before but it would give daddy some great saturday morning options :) *sigh*

njk07
12-17-2009, 09:30 AM
How do you get to the Lightning Deals?

Melaine
12-17-2009, 09:31 AM
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=xs_gb_tophd?node=384082011

It's a Wonderful Life is only $6.50. Which reminds me that we need to watch it soon!

Seitvonzu
12-17-2009, 09:32 AM
it's a wonderful life was on tv last saturday, i had tears streaming down my face before the first commercial break! i'm such a sap :) LOVE that movie :)

Melaine
12-17-2009, 09:34 AM
it's a wonderful life was on tv last saturday, i had tears streaming down my face before the first commercial break! i'm such a sap :) LOVE that movie :)

Oh me too. I actually have a sign in my living room saying, "It's a Wonderful Life".
I saw it on TV, too, and wanted to watch it but DH refused since we have it on DVD. Is it weird that I like to watch it with the commercials because I get a sense of community from watching it along with everyone else? yeah, that probably is weird.

Seitvonzu
12-17-2009, 09:38 AM
i totally love watching things when they come on tv-- we only have network stations, so we really have to WAIT for the specials! we watch all the charlie brown specials this way too :) and this year we watched rudolph. i have such fond memories of seeing those shows as a kid because they were 'special' and not available all the time. my husband grew up with cable and all the crazy kid stations and doesn't have the same love or knowledge of the christmas specials. we have its a wonderful life on dvd too and i'm not sure i've ever watched it that way :)

KrisM
12-17-2009, 09:49 AM
ugh. i was so DONE ---- how much do you guys think the scholastic 100 will go for? i've resisted this before but it would give daddy some great saturday morning options :) *sigh*

The Scholastic 100 is the DVD not the books. Just FYI. It doesn't get the best of reviews for the DVD set.

Seitvonzu
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM
oh- i know it's a dvd set. it's been pretty cheap before and i looked into it and didnt' get it. i believe it has some maurice sendak and some curious george? also maybe some kevin henkes? i think it would be worth it for us-- not at 80 dollars. but maybe at 40? or less ;)

nrp
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM

It's a Wonderful Life is only $6.50. Which reminds me that we need to watch it soon!

argh! I just bought it off Amazon for full price the other day!

NewMom2007
12-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks OP! I'll be back to check on the Kidizoom camera - would be a perfect gift for my nephew.

Melaine
12-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Corolle Les Dollies pink is $12 right now (not lightning or anything) http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Les-Dollies-Dolly-Marshmallow/dp/B000UJMJP0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1261057702&sr=1-1

chlobo
12-17-2009, 10:05 AM
So I added a lightning deal to my cart & it came up full price? I used the "buy now" button on the lightning deal page. What did I do wrong?

ett
12-17-2009, 10:06 AM
So I added a lightning deal to my cart & it came up full price? I used the "buy now" button on the lightning deal page. What did I do wrong?

No that's right. The discount won't show up until the final page.

Melaine
12-17-2009, 10:06 AM
I think it shows full price but then there is a small lightning price below.....maybe?

Momof3Labs
12-17-2009, 10:07 AM

If you go through checkout, it will come up at the lightning deal price.

fortato
12-17-2009, 10:08 AM
i totally love watching things when they come on tv-- we only have network stations, so we really have to WAIT for the specials! we watch all the charlie brown specials this way too :) and this year we watched rudolph. i have such fond memories of seeing those shows as a kid because they were 'special' and not available all the time. my husband grew up with cable and all the crazy kid stations and doesn't have the same love or knowledge of the christmas specials. we have its a wonderful life on dvd too and i'm not sure i've ever watched it that way :)

Remember when each "Special" show was preceeded by this-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLPhhu7e0bE

athompson
12-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Nevermind, found it.

chlobo
12-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Got it. Thanks. It applied a promotional credit.

Babymakes3
12-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Do you think the Radio Flyer A/W Wagon will be cheaper than the Target 50% off deal the other day? I think I got it for $75 then.

nicknack
12-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Corolle Les Dollies pink is $12 right now (not lightning or anything) http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Les-Dollies-Dolly-Marshmallow/dp/B000UJMJP0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1261057702&sr=1-1

Gah, I need another doll for her like I need a hole in my head. But she was playing with one at Learning Express the other day and LOVED it. So yes, of course, I just bought it. I swore I was done yesterday! Thanks for the link.

shawnandangel
12-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Gah! I just bought the Radio Flyer ATW on Amazon and it just came yesterday! I wonder what the deal will be. I bought mine for $99.

Ceepa
12-17-2009, 10:38 AM

Anything $50 and less is fantastic, IMO.

Aishe
12-17-2009, 10:55 AM

We are a no tv household (as in, we don't even own a tv), but honestly, I don't know how we would live without that Scholastic dvd set. It's not like dd watches it nonstop or anything, but when I really need a distraction for her it always comes through for me. And I don't feel too guilty about it because she's been exposed to some really wonderful books because of it. Not to be an enabler or anything:-)

DebbieJ
12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
We LOVE that Scholastic set! We got it as a gift, so I have no idea what a good price is.

poppy
12-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Says Scholastic will be $39 today

http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/

Last year, I remember ppl getting it for 45 or so on Amazon plus another 20 DVD set; someone else getting it on buy.com or overstock.com (don't quite remember) for around $32.

I was tempted but I think my DC are too young for this yet.

Minnifer
12-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Sigh - I'm kinda aggravated I didn't wait to buy the Scholastic set until this year - last year I had just gotten sucked into this site, lol, and DD was really young (7 months) but I still just *had* to have these. Didn't even get the super good price or the bonus DVDs... and, have we watched it at all this year? Nope, of course not!!

Happy 2B mommy
12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
ok, I got the Scholastic 100 from Costco for $45. I notice a few of the titles are different when I compare. Do you think theyve put out a newer edition?

Ceepa
12-17-2009, 11:51 AM
ok, I got the Scholastic 100 from Costco for $45. I notice a few of the titles are different when I compare. Do you think theyve put out a newer edition?

Hm. Which titles are different?

ETA: Guessing you have the one with Curious George on the front. Just found that, yes, Scholastic selected some different titles in the two DVD sets of 100.

ett
12-17-2009, 12:00 PM
The big set is a good deal, but Scholastic is constantly makes new DVDs, so the set won't include the new ones. We've checked out a lot of them from the library, and frequently my boys will only like 1 or 2 stories on a dvd. Marshalls/TJ Maxx carries these regularly, individual dvds are $6 and a set of 3 is I think around $13. There's only a handful of DVDs that my kids like most of the stories on them (and making it worth owning) and I've found almost all of them at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. I most recently picked up Knuffle Bunny from there, which I don't think is in the big set.

So depending on what your kids like to watch, it may not be a better deal buying the big set.

Seitvonzu
12-17-2009, 12:00 PM
how does that website KNOW amazon's prices before they are published? i'm going to go for this for under 40... i know they sometimes have "bonus" cds , but honestly , this would be worth it to us. shipped to my parents, but this one will find space in the suitcase.

off to target YET again-- black tights and packaging tape *sigh* then the post office :)

sewarsh
12-17-2009, 12:06 PM
no one is discussing Trouble. I LOVED that game growing up. I'm ALL over this one. I think it will go for $4.99.

nellonello
12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Gah! I just bought the Radio Flyer ATW on Amazon and it just came yesterday! I wonder what the deal will be. I bought mine for $99.

I'm going to keep an eye on this as well as I got it from the Target/AOL sale last week for $75.

Happy 2B mommy
12-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Hm. Which titles are different?

ETA: Guessing you have the one with Curious George on the front. Just found that, yes, Scholastic selected some different titles in the two DVD sets of 100.

Yup, Curious George on the front. I noticed that they omitted the Yo, YOU on the one I have, which is one of the stories that the reviewer disliked.

I also noticed the one I have has a full 100 stories - the 15 in Spanish and the one in French are in ADDITION to the 100. One of the complaints on the review is that the 100 was achieved by 90 in English and 10 repeated in Spanish.

I think I'll keep the one I have.

daniele_ut
12-17-2009, 12:43 PM

Where are you seeing it for $6.50?

catpagmo
12-17-2009, 12:47 PM

This would make a cute gift for Valentine's Day, or Easter. Hmmm....

Does anyone have the Radio Flyer ATW that's coming up later today? I noticed it doesn't have the typical red wagon part below the wood slats/sides. If you take those off, would you just have a wood cart? My mom is looking for one for the kids, but I'm not sure about the wagon part.

Momof3Labs
12-17-2009, 01:00 PM
no one is discussing Trouble. I LOVED that game growing up. I'm ALL over this one. I think it will go for $4.99.

Trouble is 4.99 at TRU this week after a $3 rebate (rebate is on a whole bunch of games, so I'm sending it in anyways), FYI.

ETA: So TRU is a better deal if you're willing to do the rebate- the lightning deal is 7.99.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-17-2009, 01:01 PM

I LOVED that game, hey it is pop-o-matic :boogie: after all....

ett
12-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Where are you seeing it for $6.50?

It's already expired.

Momof3Labs
12-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Pictureka is coming up later this afternoon, too. We have the Pictureka card game and LOVE it - it is great for probably first graders and up. I really like the way it makes DS1 think!!

DrSally
12-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Does anyone have this Trail-gator child bike tow bar?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NGD5FM It's $50 lightening deal, but I have know idea what to look for since I haven't researched any of these.

ETA: Oh, I see it gets poor reviews.

DrSally
12-17-2009, 02:17 PM
I wonder what the Tidoo is going to go for? My bet is that it can't be much less than the recent $15 price.

katydid1971
12-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Wow, I thought for sure all you mommies would be all over those 1 tree hill dvds (not).
I bet Tidoo is the same price I got her earlier this week. I'm wondering about those letters, we have some and they make great gifts for pre schoolers.

dotgirl
12-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Has anyone interacted with the VTech Digital Camera? I'm interested in that for DS, but the reviews are mixed - my biggest concern is that it take rechargeable batteries, and one review says it doesn't, but I don't really see how that can be, as a battery is a batter, you know?

Minnifer
12-17-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm interested in thoughts on the VTech Digital Camera as well. In the product description it says it takes 4 AA batteries. From what that reviewer said it sounds like they have to be replaced pretty often if the kid uses the camera a lot, which could be a pain. Rechargeable would definitely be better IMO.

wolverine2
12-17-2009, 02:51 PM
We have the VTech camera- DS loves it. It gets a lot more use than the Leapster. It takes 4 AA batteries- rechargable or not. The quality of picture is not great- we don't actually print out pictures anyway, but if your DC is really interested in actual photography, this probably isn't the thing. But DS loves taking pictures and putting funny hats on us and other things the camera does (like adding sound to pictures), and also loves taking video. There are a lot of options to "do things" to the pictures, and that is his favorite part. It seems like it all would be a bit complicated, but DS figured it all out and shows me how to do things on it. :)

neeleymartin
12-17-2009, 02:59 PM

just read that it will be $39. what a deal. i keep reminding myself that ALL of these dvds are available at the library and i don't NEED to own them.

neeleymartin
12-17-2009, 03:01 PM
argh! I just bought it off Amazon for full price the other day!

email amazon, and they will credit you the difference. they are AMAZING with price adjustments.

gobadgers
12-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Do you think 2.5 is too young for the Vtech camera? DD wouldn't use the fun options on it yet, but I guess I'm considering it as just and insurance policy for MY camera. DD loves to point and click with it. But its just not going to take her rough handling much longer :-)

calv
12-17-2009, 03:08 PM
email amazon, and they will credit you the difference. they are AMAZING with price adjustments.

what's their email addy? please post/share

MMMommy
12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
What age do you recommend the Scholastic 100 video set for? Is almost 6 and 5 in March too "old"? Or will that age group probably enjoy it? Thx!

Seitvonzu
12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
whoah-- those magnet sets are going FAST... that just looks like something that would be all over our floor. so i'm skipping them....i'll probably regret it :)

ett
12-17-2009, 03:19 PM

Amazon got rid of their price adjustment policy a while ago. They may do it for you as a one time courtesy, but it'll today depend on the service rep.

neeleymartin
12-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Amazon got rid of their price adjustment policy a while ago. They may do it for you as a one time courtesy, but it'll today depend on the service rep.

oh...i have done it countless number of times, three since halloween. perhaps i have been lucky. i would still email.

neeleymartin
12-17-2009, 03:28 PM
what's their email addy? please post/share

there is a link "contact us" you can email or have them call you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

it's about halfway down on the right hand side. look for the yellow "contact us". hth

sewarsh
12-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Trouble is 4.99 at TRU this week after a $3 rebate (rebate is on a whole bunch of games, so I'm sending it in anyways), FYI.

ETA: So TRU is a better deal if you're willing to do the rebate- the lightning deal is 7.99.

thanks for the heads up. i'll just wait until next year. DD is only 3 1/2 now anywyas. i'm proud of myself. i finally said NO for once. but i'm eyeing up the scholastic DVDs...

BargainMomforLuke
12-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Do you think 2.5 is too young for the Vtech camera? DD wouldn't use the fun options on it yet, but I guess I'm considering it as just and insurance policy for MY camera. DD loves to point and click with it. But its just not going to take her rough handling much longer :-)

2.5 is too young. My son got it at 3 years, 2 months & now at 4 years, he's just getting into it (& loves it & it is not a crazy battery-hog for us). I cannot imagine a 2.5 year-old trying to navigate the menu (sometimes, I have trouble getting around on the menu). You would pretty much need to stand next to a young child & let him/her click & then bring it up on the screen.

mytwosons
12-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Do you think a 6.5 yr old would be too old for the vtech camera? I haven't check to see which one is on special today, but I picked one up form the aol/target deals for $20. DS has snapped pics with our camera, but we have a new one that I'm afraid could get dropped, and I think he might have more fun with the silly aspect of vtech. Of course, all moot when he tells me it's too babyish...

Momof3Labs
12-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Do you think a 6.5 yr old would be too old for the vtech camera? I haven't check to see which one is on special today, but I picked one up form the aol/target deals for $20. DS has snapped pics with our camera, but we have a new one that I'm afraid could get dropped, and I think he might have more fun with the silly aspect of vtech. Of course, all moot when he tells me it's too babyish...

My DS1 hates his FP camera because the picture quality is so bad. At 3-4yo, they don't care. At 6-7yo, they do. He much prefers our cameras, so we finally got him an inexpensive real digital camera of his own.

NewMom2007
12-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Camera is $29.99....

shawnandangel
12-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Scholastic 100 is going for $39.99

BargainMomforLuke
12-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Do you think a 6.5 yr old would be too old for the vtech camera?

My 7 year-old nephew enjoys it. He's not the most mature 7 year-old I've ever met. My 32 year-old brother likes to play with it, too. He's not the most mature 32 year-old I've ever met, either.

It just popped up at $30, so that isn't an amazing deal. I think it was $20 last week. If you need a cheap filler, I would probably pass.

gobadgers
12-17-2009, 04:01 PM
2.5 is too young. My son got it at 3 years, 2 months & now at 4 years, he's just getting into it (& loves it & it is not a crazy battery-hog for us). I cannot imagine a 2.5 year-old trying to navigate the menu (sometimes, I have trouble getting around on the menu). You would pretty much need to stand next to a young child & let him/her click & then bring it up on the screen.

Thanks! You've saved me $30 :bighand:

I needed that.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Why do they inflate the prices back up before they put them as a LD?The V-Tech camera was $39.99, then with the LD it was on sale off the Amazon SRP of $69.99, not the sale price, making it $10 more. They do this with DVDs, too.

Seitvonzu
12-17-2009, 04:05 PM
went for the scholastic videos :) i think these will be a good alternative to my mother/father showing the kids nickelodian or something else ...at REALLY LOUD volume :)-- even though we didn't have cable growing up, my parents have it now and find it a good idea ot have the TV on at all times when the kids are around....

*sigh* it's only a week , right?

so now my child, who wasn't supposed to be getting ANYTHING but a doll (that her cousin is getting too) is now getting the bitty baby kitchen set (with two outfits and a mini stove with accessories), the aforementioned doll and some outfits and this dvd set, plus the stuff in her stocking.

and then her "traveling gifts" and her "birthday gifts" and her "now we're home" christmas and her "this is your big gift from gee-gee & paw-paw that couldnt' travel" gift and the "now we are home birthday" gifts and everything everyone else is giving her at my parents.
ACK!

jgenie
12-17-2009, 04:07 PM
What ages would enjoy the Scholastic set? TIA

taraalissa
12-17-2009, 04:10 PM
What ages would enjoy the Scholastic set? TIA

I have a 19 month old, a 3 year old and a 5.5 year old. They all like the Scholastic DVD's. I ordered the set even though I'll end up with a duplicate of one we already have, it's totally worth it. They are really well made. The stories are quality and I don't feel like my kids are watching garbage.

MMMommy
12-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Will the Scholastic set be okay for an almost 6 year old and almost 5 year old? Is it to "young" or is it well worth it for $39.99?

catpagmo
12-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Why do they inflate the prices back up before they put them as a LD?The V-Tech camera was $39.99, then with the LD it was on sale of the Amazon SRP of $69.99, not the sale price, making it $10 more. They do this with DVDs, too.

I noticed that, too. WTHeck amazon!? Makes no sense to me.

taraalissa
12-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Will the Scholastic set be okay for an almost 6 year old and almost 5 year old? Is it to "young" or is it well worth it for $39.99?

Worth it. Most of the stories are classics and pretty much ageless. I enjoy them :)

jgenie
12-17-2009, 04:29 PM
I have a 19 month old, a 3 year old and a 5.5 year old. They all like the Scholastic DVD's. I ordered the set even though I'll end up with a duplicate of one we already have, it's totally worth it. They are really well made. The stories are quality and I don't feel like my kids are watching garbage.

Thanks - DS doesn't watch TV yet but I was thinking with the new baby on the way they might be a good distraction for DS. Hmmmm...decisions - decisions...

Seitvonzu
12-17-2009, 04:34 PM
jgenie- i'm impressed that you've held off on tv for so long. we aren't anti-tv in our household at all, but i do with that DH wouldn't be so PRO tv. it doesn't help that my child knew every capital letter as soon as we let her watch "super y" two times :) oh well!

now she has her own little dvd collection and likes her "shows" *sigh* the one tv experience i did LOVE having with her was watching charlie brown halloween. she got to stay up late and have popcorn-- i think that was more fun for her than the tv :)

jgenie
12-17-2009, 04:37 PM
jgenie- i'm impressed that you've held off on tv for so long. we aren't anti-tv in our household at all, but i do with that DH wouldn't be so PRO tv. it doesn't help that my child knew every capital letter as soon as we let her watch "super y" two times :) oh well!

now she has her own little dvd collection and likes her "shows" *sigh* the one tv experience i did LOVE having with her was watching charlie brown halloween. she got to stay up late and have popcorn-- i think that was more fun for her than the tv :)

Thanks - the way our house is set up there isn't a TV in the rooms we spend time in. The big TV is in the basement and it's not kid friendly. We have a TV in our room but we've never child proofed it so we don't spend time there either. I'm thinking it might be nice to nurse the baby in our bed and let DS watch a show or two while I'm nursing.

sewarsh
12-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks - DS doesn't watch TV yet but I was thinking with the new baby on the way they might be a good distraction for DS. Hmmmm...decisions - decisions...

oh yes, people used to ask me...what's life like with 2? i always said, if you can get over the fact that your 1st watches too much tv and your 2nd has a flat head, than you should be okay!

in all seriousness though, i was a TV hound, but when you need 30 minutes to breastfeed your baby, the TV is definately a lifesaver or as some might say, a babysitter. either way, everyone was happy.

KrisM
12-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Waited an extra minute or two before going to the bus stop and I bought Izzi for my uncle. Glad I waited and got it right at the beginning as it sold fast!

mshen
12-17-2009, 06:01 PM
bleh... $100 for the RF wagon. No thanks. I need a steeper discount.
________
SUZUKI TS125 DUSTER (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_TS125_DUSTER)

amybds
12-17-2009, 06:15 PM
bleh... $100 for the RF wagon. No thanks. I need a steeper discount.

:yeahthat:

Glad I got one through AOL/Target sale. Just wishing I had bought more, like the M&D Easel.

nellonello
12-17-2009, 06:26 PM

Glad I got one through AOL/Target sale. Just wishing I had bought more, like the M&D Easel.

My thoughts exactly (and regretting not getting the easel too). My wagon is due for delivery today.

DrSally
12-17-2009, 09:15 PM
I wonder how much this Star Trek tricorder is going to go for? May make a good gift for my brother...

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Select-MAY084717-Original-Tricorder/dp/B001820194

Babymakes3
12-17-2009, 09:39 PM
My thoughts exactly (and regretting not getting the easel too). My wagon is due for delivery today.

Yup, the target price was $75 on the wagon and mine was delivered a few days ago. Now the tires are stinking up my front hallway! LOL!

left210
12-17-2009, 09:49 PM

Yeah me too. I have been kicking myself for not getting the Radio Flyer walker wagon and the power wheels F150. What was I thinking?!!!

cpapay
12-17-2009, 10:54 PM
I seriously thought I was going to pass out due to the stink of those wheels on the RF wagon......they are awful!!

mshen
12-17-2009, 11:19 PM
I seriously thought I was going to pass out due to the stink of those wheels on the RF wagon......they are awful!!

oh good! keep on telling me things like that, because I was mad at DH for making me wait till the kids went to bed first, then it was all sold out. tell me all these good deals are duds. LOL
________
Oxygen Vaporizer (http://oxygenvaporizer.com)