PDA

View Full Version : My First Duplo

ZeeBaby
12-17-2009, 04:26 PM
I gut the my first duplo for my 18 mos old on the Target sale last week, I am pretty bleh on it, anyone's kiddies get a lot of use from it? I think it was only $10, but I could use that $10 for something else.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-17-2009, 04:31 PM
You need to 71 set piece, too. Then you can do a lot more! There is a thread in the Bargains sect. on the 71 piece on sale at Amazon...

We are the opposite, DD has the 71 piece, and Santa is giving her the one you have for accessory pieces...

baileygirl
12-17-2009, 04:34 PM
DS1 didn't get interested with Duplos until after he was 2 (too hard for him to put together/pull apart). Now he has a ton of Duplos and has literally been playing with them for the past 3 days straight. He is starting to build some bigger structures. He also plays with the figures/vehicles/etc. We are getting a bulk set at Christmas, so *I* have more to build with.

vonfirmath
12-17-2009, 05:30 PM
My son got his first set (90 pieces at the time? I think) before he was born. It's been used in different ways over his life. But he really started getting into independently putting together blocks/taking them apart last summer (so about 21 months). Wee added on pieces for his 2nd birthday and are letting it stay there for now.

ZeeBaby
12-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks ladies. We have gotten quite a bit for her already and I don't want to over do it. I might hold the set to give it to her later. Might look around craigslist for some pieces and give it to her later on.