PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Si??

blondflava
12-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I went to Buy Buy baby today... with DD, so I could put her in various strollers and see how she likes them... Definitely we need adjustable footrest.. I tested Bumbleride Flyer, and even though I love the handle that flips, the steering is awful... and it's much bigger than I thought :(. I tried locking the wheels with baby facing me but it didn't really help. bummer. Anyway, I came across the Si (as well as the baby jogger CM, but we def need the legrest up for now).. I really liked the Si.. DD seemed very comfy too, sitting up and looking around. The shade is great too... But I need a child's tray.. she wants to lean forward and hold on to something, darn. My question is.. does anyone attach the 'universal' snack tray by Stroller Mate? Sales people at BBB told me that they don't have a generic one that they sell... would that fit? TIA!!

Jennifer626
12-17-2009, 05:16 PM
The 2009 Si doesn't have a bar...but the 2010 Si DOES! I would wait and buy the 2010 model :wink2:

jacksmoma
12-17-2009, 05:31 PM
WSS! the 2010 will be out in a few weeks i think- has a great bumper bar :) steering isn't as great as the bj city mini but is pretty good.

blondflava
12-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow you Ladier are right! and that sales person didn't know it lol... Thanks for the heads up !!:bighand:

jacksmoma
12-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Wow you Ladier are right! and that sales person didn't know it lol... Thanks for the heads up !!:bighand:

stroller sales people never know anything (at least in my experience!) i always know SO much more than they do!!

AnnieW625
12-17-2009, 06:58 PM
I honestly thought for the price I like the Mac Quest, and the Britax Blink better or I'd splurge on the Techno XT or the BJCM.

jenandahalf
12-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I like the Si, the thing I don't like about most umbrella type strollers is the wimpy wheels but this has pretty decent ones. And I love that they are doing such a good deal with the travel system package ($450), that's a good $70 off a very good seat.

If I can make myself let go of my beloved Quinny Zapp next year I will probably get one of these for travel.

blondflava
12-17-2009, 10:35 PM
And what about Pliko P3? Why is it cheaper?

blondflava
12-18-2009, 09:11 AM
There is a Pliko p3 Freestyle that looks like the other p3's but is much cheaper? I could not find the information what the difference is but the color - it's in Mint? Any information you can share? That one looks great though and can be had for less than 170 with free shipping? Worth it? I really like it and it has the big canopy, snack tray, big seat, adjustable footrest...

WatchingThemGrow
12-18-2009, 09:30 AM
And I love that they are doing such a good deal with the travel system package ($450), that's a good $70 off a very good seat.

I'm not so sure the Peg seat is regarded that highly. You should consult over in Carseats.

blondflava
12-18-2009, 11:13 AM
I have the Graco Snugride carseat... I meant the stroller seat. I really want to stop using the carseat on top of the stroller... so am looking for a stroller that DD will be most comfortable in.. (even though I'm not that fond of a 'standard stroller look', and like the joggers, she's not liking them now.. so I need a second smaller one..)

AnnieW625
12-18-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm not so sure the Peg seat is regarded that highly. You should consult over in Carseats.

I agree with WTG! I don't get it either. I looked at it a while back to see what was soo great about it and I found nothing, but maybe the nicer fabric. I knew it wasn't going to be a seat for us for #2 when I had issues removing it from the base in the store. It's a status symbol in the LA area where I am at and I think because it's $$$ people expect it to be a great seat. I'd save $100 or so and get a Maclaren Techno XLR with a Snugride seat or get a Si and buy either a Snugride or a Chicco seat. $522 for a travel system (couldn't find it as low as $450!) is just too much money IMHO!

jenandahalf
12-18-2009, 02:42 PM
I personally would not use the Si as a travel sytem anyway, I don't think it's sturdy enough (or a Maclaren for that matter). I was always under the impression that the Primo Viaggio was a good seat (not one I was considering anyway because of price) but I guess I was wrong!

AnnieW625
12-18-2009, 03:01 PM
I did too until I started posting here. We are all influenced by price and money too much! With DD we couldn't afford a nicer infant seat like the Viaggio or the Britax Companion (now the Chaperone) so I was shocked when I started posting here on a regular basis that neither seat is really all that great.

jenandahalf
12-18-2009, 04:52 PM
It's funny isn't it!

blondflava
12-18-2009, 06:28 PM
I have the Graco carseat that first I used with the EasyWalker frame with an adapter. Now I put the regular fabric seat on the stroller and still use the Graco seat on top of it, it actually fits perfectly,the soft belly bar keeps it tight in place... But the whole thing (stroller with car seat on top is HUGE LOL, you can barely see me behind it... :wink2: ). I bought the Snugride 32 and I think we'll get a lot of use out of it as DD is already 8 months and about 13 lbs... about 25". Definitely we'll use it for another 6 months or so, unless she hit a major growth spurt - that I don't anticipate... I bit the bullet and ordered the Pliko p3, model from 2008... Seems what we need right now, and beyond. Now I just need to find a good footmuff to go with it :)

strollerqueen
12-19-2009, 06:33 AM
I think that's a good choice for you. P3's are usually very comfy for babies and young toddlers. It's one model most of them really like.

blondflava
12-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks Strollerqueen, I was just reading your blog. If you don't mind me asking, what will you do when your little Prince stops riding in strollers :wink2: ?

newnewsmama
12-19-2009, 12:00 PM
In the Baby Bargains book, Graco, Chicco, and Peg Pergo infant carseats are all ranked very high. Britax and Maxi Cosi's infant car seats are ranked pretty low (although Britax's convertible car seats are the best). I own a Graco but I would not mind getting a Peg next time because the fabric looks better.