PDA

View Full Version : Would these strollers sell on Craigslist?

mikeys_mom
12-18-2009, 11:39 AM
I have a;

1) 5 year old snap and go with one wheel that pops off. I have the wheel and I am sure someone handy can fix it, but I no longer have any use for the stroller so not worth it for me to fix it.

2) 5 year old Peg Atlantico. Also with one wheel that seems to pop off. Same issue as the SNG. The Atlanticos are pretty popular around here for some strange reason.

Anyways, we cleaned out the garage and I am trying to find a way to "dispose" of the strollers. Seems a shame to put in the garbage when someone might be able to use them. This morning (not garbage day) I put them out by the curb in the hopes that someone will take them.

It occured to me that maybe I could make a few dollars selling them on CL. Would they get purchased for a nominal amount or is it really not worth the effort?

Momof3Labs
12-18-2009, 12:16 PM
With the wheel issues, I think that the best you could do is give them away on Freecycle. Or perhaps sell the Atlantico parts on craigslist parts - seat cover, hood, etc??

jenandahalf
12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
I have found that there I almost always someone willing to pay something for your old stuff. You don't have to pay to list on CL so why not give it a go? All you have to do is take a photo or two and write the listing. If nobody sends you a decent offer then you didn't lose anything. And maybe you could consider freecycle listing them otherwise, if you are willing to give them away for free.

AnnieW625
12-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I'd put the SNG on Freecycle, and the Atlantico on Craigslist.

blondflava
12-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I agree that you can almost always sell something on Craigslist.. A few years ago we got a perfect condition futon for free that someone was really in rush to get rid as they were moving.. And about 6 months ago we sold it on CL (still perfect condition, as it was just standing in the office, waiting for overnight guests), for 75 or so... I'd def. give it a shot!