PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous MIL vent

scrooks
12-19-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm going to preface this by saying I know this is a silly thing to be worked up about and I also want to state that I LOVE my MIL and FIL, they are generous and great and just all around super but this has really been bothering me....
This year is the first year we want to spend Christmas morning at home so DD can get her presents from Santa Christmas morning...you know the whole deal. This has caused MAJOR stress on me reorganizing when to see our families...with the exception of my dad and SIL everyone lives out of town.

Well after much going back and forth we have decided to go down to my lLs house around New Years versus being there Christmas Day for dinner. After this is all decided (and I am frustrated because it took awhile to work out with MIL shooting down several suggestions) my MIL says "Well I guess we can keep our main Christmas tree up until you get here all the other trees will be down"...and she says this more than once in the conversation like we are making them do something RADICAL by even keeping the main tree up.

This is irking me because: My MIL spends lots of time putting beautiful trees in practically every room of her house. She has several GC but the others are all teens and don't really appreciate all the work she does....DD would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see all of grandma's trees ....why in the world, knowing that we will be down just a FEW days after Christmas, can't she keep these trees up for DD to see. They are not real trees that will dry out and my ILs are retired so they can take them down anytime....it just seems ridiculous and not very flexible!

This really is a petty b#tch because it seems petty as I am reading it. I just think there unflexibilty about Christmas as a whole is making this seem more than it is...Thanks for letting me vent.

Tondi G
12-19-2009, 04:11 PM
I would just send her a message saying you understand if it's too much for for some reason to keep all the trees up but that you thought DD would really enjoy and appreciate all the beautiful trees... maybe MIL can take some pics for DD instead since she needs to get them down before you guys arrive. Put it back on her! She is being an ass!

jenandahalf
12-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Sounds like she was having a petty bitch at you because she's not really happy about your plans. If she is going to be so petty that she will take down all of her trees just to spite you then let her. You are not to blame if she is more interested in sulking than giving her granddaughter the excitement of seeing her trees.

belovedgandp
12-19-2009, 05:54 PM
I agree sounds like she's just being whiny. Let her do whatever she wants. Your DD will love seeing what is there and won't know the difference.

Taking down trees right away is actually my pet peeve. If you go to all that trouble everyone should be able to enjoy them for a while. New Year's at the least and I go to Epiphany here.

hillview
12-19-2009, 05:57 PM
I would just send her a message saying you understand if it's too much for for some reason to keep all the trees up but that you thought DD would really enjoy and appreciate all the beautiful trees... maybe MIL can take some pics for DD instead since she needs to get them down before you guys arrive. Put it back on her! She is being an ass!
I agree. I think I'd put out there that DD would love them and if it was possible to leave them up you think it'd make her year :)
/hillary

edurnemk
12-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Sounds just like my MIL last year, because we went to see them for New Year's instead of Xmas (we alternate families each year and it was my family's turn). She kept whinning to anyone who'd listen about what a hassle it was to have to make dinner for New Year's at her house. BTW, she has a maid and she just served appetizers, not dinner.

Just ignore her.