PDA

View Full Version : bag with a pocket to hold a blackberry

TwoBees
12-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I purchased the Fleurville ReRun Hana (Loooooove the Ogo print!) online only to discover that my blackberry does not fit in either of the two side turnlock pockets (which are also NOT fleece-lined which they are supposed to be). I was really hoping for a dedicated pocket for my blackberry so that I would have easy access and not need to carry a separate purse. Any recommendations? I looked at the Ship Hop Studio Tote, but it is way to large for me (I'm a small person and it is massive on my frame.)

Thanks

MamaKath
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Doesn't come into the cuteness section like the Ogo print, but LL Bean's diaper bag (http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=beans-diaper-bag&categoryId=62134&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=504159&cat4=504158&shop_method=pp&feat=676-sub1&np=Y) (or large travel touring bag (http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=51604&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=504159&feat=504159-tn&cat4=504158) which is the same bag without the changing pad) is similar in style and definitely fits a blackberry in the lower outer pocket. The pocket has some slight padding but not fleece. I just tried dh's blackberry (he has it in the rubberized protector so it is pretty large) and it fits nicely in that pocket.

Maybe that would work?

TwoBees
12-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Doesn't come into the cuteness section like the Ogo print, but LL Bean's diaper bag (http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=beans-diaper-bag&categoryId=62134&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=504159&cat4=504158&shop_method=pp&feat=676-sub1&np=Y) (or large travel touring bag (http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=51604&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=504159&feat=504159-tn&cat4=504158) which is the same bag without the changing pad) is similar in style and definitely fits a blackberry in the lower outer pocket. The pocket has some slight padding but not fleece. I just tried dh's blackberry (he has it in the rubberized protector so it is pretty large) and it fits nicely in that pocket.

Maybe that would work?

I'm glad you posted this because I was JUST about to start a new thread asking about this bag. Would you be able to answer a few questions about it for me? I don't see the answers on Bean's website.
--How many pockets are on the inside?
--Are the side pockets insulated for bottles, and do they close with velcro or magnets?
--Does the front flap pocket close with velcro or magnets?
--Is the changing pad an actual pad, or just a fabric sheet?

Thanks!

MamaKath
12-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm glad you posted this because I was JUST about to start a new thread asking about this bag. Would you be able to answer a few questions about it for me? I don't see the answers on Bean's website.
--How many pockets are on the inside?
--Are the side pockets insulated for bottles, and do they close with velcro or magnets?
--Does the front flap pocket close with velcro or magnets?
--Is the changing pad an actual pad, or just a fabric sheet?

Thanks!
I'll try to answer your questions clearly. You might want to also look at the blown up pic on the diaper bag page to clarify further.

Inside the bag there are 3 good sized mesh pockets on one side and a zippered section (could hold either food or diaper supplies depending on the babies age). There is a front organizer pocket that has a flap and will easily hold mommy stuff. The back of the bag has a slip pocket for a magazine or the changing pad.

The bag has a large mesh bottle holder on one side. It has elastic at the top and is not insulated. The other end has two pockets for phones/ipods/pacies/etc. They close with velcro.

The front flap closes over the organizer pocket. The organizer pocket is also zippered so it is fairly secure to hold personal items in.

The changing pad is an actual pad. I don't have it with me (I am at my folks right now and actually do have the bag with me) but from what I recall it is not the largest I have owned. Nothing overly special about it in other words. You could easily get the Touring if you prefered the colors/material better and substitute a different pad (I always preferred disposable ones anyway) in the bag.

Hope that helps answer your questions. LLBean is a great company, if you got it and hated it, you can easily return it. :)

ang79
12-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I have the Fleurville ReRun Lark and the two side end pockets are fleece lined. I don't have a Blackberry to test it out for size but I can fit sippy cups and water bottles in those side pockets (that's what I use them for). Its the same, lightweight material that the Hana is made of, just a tote style. I've seen them for really good prices on Ebay, NWT. I have the Chocolate Geobot pattern and really like it! Inside there are two large pockets big enough to hold dipes and a wipes container and a few smaller slip pockets, as well as a zipper pocket. There is also a small zipper pocket on the outside front.

poohbear
01-20-2010, 05:24 PM
I have a Skip Hop Via Messenger. It has an outside pocket perfect for a blackberry. No insulated bottle pockets though, but lots of little pockets inside and out. I love it! Not a huge bag, but great for every day...

audys
01-23-2010, 12:41 AM
I have a Fleurville Sling Tote that has fleece lined pockets on one side that should easily take a Blackberry.