PDA

View Full Version : The USPS is on the naughty list...

Cam&Clay
12-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I got two emails today from Amazon stating that the USPS had attempted delivery of two packages and could not deliver them. So, I have to pick them up at the post office. I checked the tracking and, sure enough, it says that they attempted delivery at 3:00 yesterday.

I live in Northern Virginia and we had a record snowstorm all day yesterday. The USPS most certainly did NOT attempt any kind of delivery at all. So why the heck do I have to go stand in line and pick up my packages now? Why can't they bring them when they start delivering again?

Grrrr....this is not helping my Christmas spirit AT ALL.

jenandahalf
12-20-2009, 08:51 PM
I attempted to be bothered to get in my truck...

viba424
12-22-2009, 12:28 AM
All I can offer is my feelings of pure hate for the USPS. Thank you and good night.

Here are reviews of what useless jerks they are at my local PO:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/us-post-office---fort-dearborn-chicago

LarsMal
12-22-2009, 12:33 AM
We didn't get our mail on Saturday (NoVA), but I wasn't surprised about that. The mail truck was in our neighborhood tonight, but did not come down our street- our streets are completely cleared. WTF?! I am waiting for 2 packages, and we are leaving town Wed. morning. If I don't get them tomorrow I won't have part of MIL or SILs presents, and one of DH's. grrrr...

I even cleared out a path from the mailbox to our sidewalk so they could get to our walkway.

karenj2
12-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I totally hear you!! I had a delivery from Walmart.com (a whole 'nother BP) which they SAID was delivered, but I never recieved it. I contacted the local post office, the gentleman (who was very nice, mind you) checked with the carrier, and he said that she remembered putting the package in the mailbox. I *had* gotten a package that day, but it was not THAT package. So, he asked me to check again - I was at work, so I left a message for my sister to look when she had a chance. By the time she got out there, the package HAD arrived - but there was no WAY that I would have missed the package the day before, it barely fit in the mailbox, and yesterday's package and mail would not have all fit. Whatever - at least I got it.

Tinkerbell313
12-23-2009, 10:56 PM
I got two emails today from Amazon stating that the USPS had attempted delivery of two packages and could not deliver them. So, I have to pick them up at the post office. I checked the tracking and, sure enough, it says that they attempted delivery at 3:00 yesterday.

I live in Northern Virginia and we had a record snowstorm all day yesterday. The USPS most certainly did NOT attempt any kind of delivery at all. So why the heck do I have to go stand in line and pick up my packages now? Why can't they bring them when they start delivering again?

Grrrr....this is not helping my Christmas spirit AT ALL.

I also got that same email from Amazon two weeks ago...the USPS had attempted to deliver a package to my husband's office on a Saturday when the office is closed. So, Amazon sent me the email. However, the post office just attemtped to deliver it a second time and was successful...that following Monday. Not sure why Amazon sends those emails out if the PO will automatically try again...per the PO, they will try three times.

However, I did not relaize that the Post Office would automatically reattempt to deliver the package and I tried to call the post office...PIA. My husband works in Sterling...but the package was not coming from the closet post office...it was coming from Dulles...which is not far...but who wants to be driving in NOVA at this time of year (let alone any time of the year).

Hopefully you got your package.

Cam&Clay
12-24-2009, 12:16 PM
UPDATE~

We called and asked what was up and they admitted that they had not even attempted to deliver on Saturday, which was understandable. They delivered the packages on Tuesday, which was fine. But boy would I have been pissed if I had gone to stand in line like the Amazon email said, only to find out that the guy was putting them on my front porch at the same time!