PDA

View Full Version : spin off from the personalized stocking thread

JenaW
12-20-2009, 11:07 PM
We bought some PBK Fair Isle stockings a few years ago. Of course once we decided we liked them, they discontinued that pattern. We have slowly been adding to the set from ebay. It is crazy what PBK sells them for to begin with, and even more insane what some sellers are asking and getting on ebay. Since I need to get at least 7 (and preferably an extra or two because you never know how many more Neumann babes are coming), I don't want to pay a ton. So I recently bid on and won two VERY cheap ones with the names "Andrea" and "Warren" embroidered on them - names that no one in my family has. (Unfortunately I lost the "Hailey" auction - the one I actually could have used!). So, does anyone know where I can get the embroidery removed (or how to do it safely myself) and where to take them to get them properly embroidered?

Thanks

hellokitty
12-21-2009, 09:15 AM
I would call your local sewing shop and ask them if they can refer someone to you who can provide this service. It's actually not that hard from what I have been told, to remove embroidery. The biggest concern would be that there has been some fading around the embroidery if it has been exposed to a lot of light. Getting things embroidered shouldn't be too big of a deal either, b/c it's basically just the sewing machine. In fact, I've even seen mall kiosks that do embroidery right in front of you.

carolinamama
12-21-2009, 10:11 AM
We have a local embroidery shop where I've had several things "unembroidered" from DS1 to have DS2's initials embroidered in their place. I wouldn't attempt removing the embroidery because I am completely sewing challenged but that is just me. I'm sure you probably have a shop like this near you.

belovedgandp
12-21-2009, 10:22 AM
I too have hunted down stockings on e-bay after PBK discontinued them. Fortunately I only needed two more.

I have removed embroidery from one of their basket liners though. All you need is some good light, a lot of patience, a seam ripper, and scissors. I'd ordered the wrong size and ended up with the really big basket and liner for my second son, so I removed his first name that was embroidered on there myself. You could still see a few holes in the fabric if up close. I took it and had our family's last name embroidered over the same area without a problem. With the new name over it, you'd have to be looking very closely to see the difference.