PDA

View Full Version : Question for moms who use doubles a lot

arivecchi
12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Would you sell a single that is not seeing a ton of use? Nowadays, we mostly use the double or the Mac stroller if we are going anywhere by car. I :heartbeat: the Valco, but only use it when we are going to the park or drugstore nearby and DS1 wants to walk. Should I keep it for when DS1 no longer wants to ride and is old enough to walk? I could probably get good money for it now as it still looks new and I have a bassinet and hitch hiker.

elektra
12-21-2009, 01:38 PM
This is us too. Our MBUS is stored up high in the garage right now. I was thinking I would hold onto it for when DD is over strollers and DS still needs to ride. I really like the MBUS too (minus the canopy).
But maybe it would be better to just sell now. It's what DH wants to do actually, but he would never get around to taking the pictures and doing the CL posting so for now, I am not selling ours.

jacksmoma
12-21-2009, 03:05 PM
funny, we have the opposite problem...my two year old barely rides in the double, i keep our bjcm in the car and use it everyday for my 7 month old and the older one walks but we do drive everywhere :)

depends on how much you love your singles, if you love them, hold onto them for when your oldest is out of strollers or when you just have one baby with you (seems that me and my dh split up a lot more thesedays with two little ones and i use the single then).

WatchingThemGrow
12-21-2009, 03:14 PM
We're still using our single a lot too. Not as much as it could be used, but it def. has a life ahead of it when DS1 shows how well he rides on the wheeled board. SO much better than DD was at his age. There are places/times the Mac single just doesn't cut it.

arivecchi
12-21-2009, 05:46 PM
I'd definitely keep it if DS1 rode on the hitch hiker more, but he does not! He is always stepping off which freaks me out given that we live in the city.

jacksmoma
12-21-2009, 08:23 PM
do you ever just do things with one of your kids? i know my toddler sleeps over at my dads about one a week and i take advantage of that time to hit the mall with my 7 month old and i use my bjcm for that...or when hubby's home and i need a stroller for one or quick trips. i'm surprised you can get your 3 year old son to ride in a stroller so much, mine does not like them much and does pretty well walking with me so we might get the new bj board for our mini :)

KrisM
12-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I'd keep it, if you can. Since 3 days a week, I only have DS2 because the others are in school, I use the single.