PDA

View Full Version : fashion advice!

Sweetum
12-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi All,

1. I bought a dark (chocolate brown) knit skirt from NY&Co (oh, so comfortable!). Wondering what shoes I should be wearing with it. Is black ok, or do I have to get matching brown ones. I plan to wear it to work as a business casual attire.

2. I have a pair of white pants - long and and that have a flare. Are black shoes a complete "no-no"? what if I wear a black top/sweater? what shoes to wear if I'm wearing a rust colored cowl neck?

look forward to your advice...

-SunshineAndMe
aka fashion-insensible :D

SnuggleBuggles
12-21-2009, 09:41 PM
1. Black, red, metallic- any neutral is fine.
2. Hmm, I think black are ok but I'll let someone a bit more fashion savvy weigh in. Black pants always look nice to me but the logistics of wearing them have thrown me.

Beth

arivecchi
12-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Knee-length? Is it a pencil or A-shape skirt? Nude legs or tights?

Sweetum
12-21-2009, 09:47 PM
knee-length, pencil, nude legs

SnuggleBuggles
12-21-2009, 09:50 PM
knee-length, pencil, nude legs

Whew. I stand by my ideas then. I pictured just that for some reason. :)

Beth

dcmom2b3
12-21-2009, 10:18 PM
With nude legs, I'd opt for brown (suede maybe?) pumps.

TwinFoxes
12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
With the white pants, I'd go with navy or brown before black. White pants are hard to pull off in winter (unless you live somewhere warm).

elizabethkott
12-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I have a brown just below the knee skirt, and I pair it with brown knee-high aerosoles boots. They are currently having an AMAZING sale, FWIW.

arivecchi
12-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Pencil skirt and knee-high boots is a killer combo! In terms of color, with a brown skirt, I don't love black shoes. I like brown shoes in a different tone, suede tan ones, red or tan sandals.

Are you in a cold place? Hard to figure out what to recommend for the white pants without knowing if you are wearing boots or sandals. :)