PDA

View Full Version : kidskraft nantucket vs avalon

soontobe
12-21-2009, 10:15 PM
okay i really want to do this already but i still can't decide

i found the kidcraft nantucket table and 4 chairs for $100 flat (awsome) but i read that some people had a problem with the paint pealing. also what is the age range on this set?

i then found the avalon set for either 190 or 210 (plus shipping)depending on how picky i am going to be about colors. what are reviews for this one and what is the age range?

i would love not to spend a ton of money but i want something that will last

THANKS!!!!!!!

ZeeBaby
12-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Are you looking at the avalon with four chairs? I have seen it for cheaper then $190. I am kind of stuck too. I want to get DD1 a table and chair set for Christmas, but now it is too late, so it will be an after Christmas present since I still can't decide! UGHH

WatchingThemGrow
12-21-2009, 10:21 PM
The Avalon is for bigger kids. My 3.5yo still can't comfortably rest her feet on the floor. I think the chair is for a 5yo. Maybe that will help you decide. We did go ahead and get that one, but sometimes I wish we had a smaller set b/c it may get more use. We ordered the table and chairs separately on walmart.com. They are black and no paint has chipped off.

soontobe
12-21-2009, 10:22 PM
ya i only want to get one with 4 chairs. where have you seen it for less? how old is your dc? what do you think the youngest for the avalon set is?

soontobe
12-21-2009, 10:23 PM
The Avalon is for bigger kids. My 3.5yo still can't comfortably rest her feet on the floor. I think the chair is for a 5yo. Maybe that will help you decide. We did go ahead and get that one, but sometimes I wish we had a smaller set b/c it may get more use. We ordered the table and chairs separately on walmart.com. They are black and no paint has chipped off.

hmmmmm i would like him to have something for nowish. maybe i should go with the smaller. i feel like by the time he is 5 or 6 he can just sit at a regular table.... anyone have issues with paint peeling off the nantucket set?

ZeeBaby
12-21-2009, 10:33 PM
DD is 18mos. I want something she can have for awhile, but I am wondering if the bigger sets would be too big for her. She is 33 inches so I want something on the taller end.

amldaley
12-21-2009, 10:39 PM
I think the Aspen is the size in between the Nantucket and the Avalon. I can't speak to the paint peeling, but Aspen is available in a stained version. Under $100 on Walmart.com and around $70 on Ebay.