PDA

View Full Version : When to Register?

MamaMolly
12-21-2009, 11:17 PM
How soon before your DC was born did you register? I was overseas with DD and didn't really register or have a shower. This time around I'm not going to register for a whole lot, mostly just fill-in-the-blank type stuff. I'd really like to keep the duplicates of what we already have (and crap) to a minimum and am hoping that registering will help.

So how far in advance did you register? TIA.

infomama
12-21-2009, 11:20 PM
I think we registered just shy of 2 months prior to Dd1 being born. Our shower was a month before her arrival so it worked out well.

ZeeBaby
12-21-2009, 11:41 PM
registered about 3-4 months before. It took us awhile to complete the registry. My shower was about 7 weeks before I had the baby.

applebutter
12-21-2009, 11:55 PM
I started adding thing online really early, like around 3 mos, just for fun. Went instore at about 6-7 mos to round out the registry. I was tweaking it contstantly though, all the way up to the week he was born.

Tondi G
12-21-2009, 11:58 PM
I think I went when I was maybe 6 months pregnant to register. I would start something now if you have the time... why not get some of it out of the way!

AnnieW625
12-22-2009, 03:14 AM
I'd register a good week or so before you know the invites are going to go out. I like to buy gifts as soon as I get the invite instead of last minute. With DD that was about a month before the first shower. If you know you aren't going to be able to walk around a lot do it sooner than later. We went at 7 or so months pregnant (January, I think) and I had to wait at BRUS for 45 minutes for a scanner. Thank goodness I had already started it online so I didn't need to sit through the lame how to register talk first! Needless to say I was little irritated and uncomfortable with the whole process.

KrisM
12-22-2009, 07:55 AM
I had an April baby and registered in late December for a Feburary shower. My mom was worried I'd be really early and miss my shower, as my SIL missed hers.

Anyway, if you do Target, be sure to wait until mid to late Janurary as they clearance so much in January you'll have to revise it then anyway.