PDA

View Full Version : My 2010 Resolution - a little early

Clarity
12-22-2009, 12:38 AM
I hereby resolve that NEXT year, I shall stick to (I mean make) a holiday budget.
And, I also resolve to have ALL of my holiday shopping done by Thanksgiving. I want to enjoy the holiday season. I want to have time for friends and family. To make cookies and send out Christmas cards.

As of right now, I have not bought anything for my nephew, my father, my grandfather, and only a book and some stocking stuffers for my dh. I'd also like one more thing for my mother. I don't even WANT to look at my checking account or my credit card and I have not made a single cookie or mailed out a single Christmas card. Nor will I even bother.

I find WOTH and parenting to be challenge enough 335 days a year without the month of extra demands that our dual Hanukkah/Christmas festivities require. I'm exhausted and I should be in bed but I got sucked into the $40 plasma car deal. I sure hope it comes in a small box because I'm storing it for NEXT YEAR. Woohoo! One gift down, bunches more to go! Joy in 2010 here I come. LOL

ourbabygirl
12-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Ha! I second the make-and-stick-to-a-budget thing. I made a budget on the back of an envelope about 2 months ago, but did I stick to it? I'm guessing no. Here's hoping you can find some great last-minute gifts online (one of our Macy's here in town is open 24 hours now until Christmas Eve, so maybe you have the same situation there that could help you out) :wink2:.

jray
12-22-2009, 01:00 AM
Oh girl, I feel you! I feel awful this Christmas...went waaaay overboard as usual. Next year, 2010, I have got to do better at paying attention.

jgenie
12-22-2009, 04:01 AM
I resolve not to have any home construction projects after Nov. 15th next year! For the last 4 years we have been under some sort of construction during the holidays. I just want to be able to relax and enjoy the holiday without other people in and out of my house all.day.long!!!