PDA

View Full Version : CVS Extra Care Cardholders,

ourbabygirl
12-22-2009, 12:39 AM
what do you buy with the $5 off $15 coupon receipts? I guess we can't use them on prescriptions yet (maybe starting in January we can), and I used one today on film developing and some stocking stuffers for my parents. Then I got another one today at the register, and I need to use it by the 24th, so I'd like to get some necessities or more stocking stuffers, but it seems like CVS's prices are often more than at a grocery store or Target, Walmart, or even Walgreen's. Obviously I don't want to spend $15 just for the sake of using the coupon, but if I can find some things that I need anyhow, and don't cost much more than they would cost somewhere else, I will.
So what do you buy when you get them? Any suggestions for me? I'm looking for more stocking stuffer for my parents (early 60's); so far I got a bit of candy, a magnifying LED light thing, a Tide To Go, & a lint roller.

Thanks for your help! :)

MamaKath
12-22-2009, 12:52 AM
ZhuZhu pets? That is one store I have heard sometimes has them (at least in Southern MD), though I have tried a bunch in Northern NJ in the last 12 hours and had little success. They have lots of gifty stuff right now for Christmas. There is always stuff like hand lotions, hair brushes/combs, and antibacterial hand sanitizer for stocking stuffers.

KrisM
12-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Well, I try to find 1 or 2 things I want and use the coupon to make them free by getting other things that are already free with manu. coupons. For example, lets say you want Tide and it's $5.99.

I'd buy a Therma Care neck wrap for $2.49
Revlon lipstick for $6.99
Crest toothpaste for $2.88

That makes a total of $17.37.

I'd use my $5 off $15 coupon, a $1 Thermacare coupon, a $2 Revlon coupon and a $1 Crest coupon and pay $8.37. I'd then get back Extra Care Bucks: $2.49 for Thermacare, $5 for Revlon, and $2 for Crest, for a total of $9.49 back.

Net total for me is $1.12 profit.

vonfirmath
12-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Often I use them on diapers! Even better if they are having a sale on diapers.

Yes, CVS's everyday prices are more expensive. But if you work the sales, you can get things down cheaper. It's a LOT of work, IMHO, though.

wellyes
12-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Well, I try to find 1 or 2 things I want and use the coupon to make them free by getting other things that are already free with manu. coupons. For example, lets say you want Tide and it's $5.99.

I'd buy a Therma Care neck wrap for $2.49
Revlon lipstick for $6.99
Crest toothpaste for $2.88

That makes a total of $17.37.

I'd use my $5 off $15 coupon, a $1 Thermacare coupon, a $2 Revlon coupon and a $1 Crest coupon and pay $8.37. I'd then get back Extra Care Bucks: $2.49 for Thermacare, $5 for Revlon, and $2 for Crest, for a total of $9.49 back.

Net total for me is $1.12 profit.

WOW, that is some advanced CVSing!!

I tried the CVS Extra Care thing but it does take time/effort and it's not always worth it to me. I no longer feel obligated to spend money there just because they gave me a coupon.

When I do use a $5 off $15 it's almost always for makeup -- buy two of just about anything, it'll cost you $15. I love buying makeup at CVS because of their policy of allowing you to returned open/used makeup if you don't like it.

sansdieu
12-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Seasonal clearance at 75% and 90% off!! Unfortunately, it won't help you if you must use it by the 24th, but you can do it with the next one that prints out.

Also, passport photos (with coupon 7.99, although costco is 4.99 w/o coupon)

LarsMal
12-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Nothing yet since I always forget about them! I just got one the other day. I'll probaby use it towards my favorite lotion which isn't available in most stores. I like the diaper idea, too.

Swimfreak78
12-22-2009, 08:27 PM
My CVS takes expired coupons . . . try it!

stillplayswithbarbies
12-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Today I bought the CVS version of Triple Paste diaper cream, a seven-day pill holder, and potato chips that were buy one get one free. It was all stuff that I needed, so I felt pretty good about it.

Maxlee
12-22-2009, 09:12 PM
ZhuZhu pets? That is one store I have heard sometimes has them (at least in Southern MD), though I have tried a bunch in Northern NJ in the last 12 hours and had little success. They have lots of gifty stuff right now for Christmas. There is always stuff like hand lotions, hair brushes/combs, and antibacterial hand sanitizer for stocking stuffers.

I used my coupon for 2 zhu zhu pets :)