PDA

View Full Version : Can Costco deliver furniture they sell in-store?

essnce629
12-22-2009, 02:58 AM
We were at Costco yesterday and they had a microfiber sectional couch there that I really liked. It's not listed online though. If we bought it at the store do they have some kind of home delivery system? Anyone order furniture from Costco in-store before?

SnuggleBuggles
12-22-2009, 08:53 AM
It'd be nice to know that for the future for us too. We bought furniture there this weekend and it was a pain to load up in the car and into the house! We had no idea that it was coming fully assembled so it was more awkward to work with than expected.

Beth

jenandahalf
12-22-2009, 11:38 AM
I think I know the one you mean, I desperately want that one too but have no clue how you'd get it home. I'm pretty sure that you'd have to go get a uhaul to get it home if you don't have a big enough truck. I've never seen anything about delivery in there. I think they'd hold it for you after you paid so you can go get a van.

DebbieJ
12-22-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't believe they do. But you could certainly hire some movers to pick it up and transport it for you. Check Craigslist--I'm sure there are guys on there advertising. We sold a bedroom furniture set on CL and that's how the buyers transported it--they came and paid us and then sent movers to pick it up.

SnuggleBuggles
12-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I think I know the one you mean, I desperately want that one too but have no clue how you'd get it home. I'm pretty sure that you'd have to go get a uhaul to get it home if you don't have a big enough truck. I've never seen anything about delivery in there. I think they'd hold it for you after you paid so you can go get a van.

You're right, they will hold things after paid for. We bought the boys a playhouse but needed to borrow a van to bring it home. They said they'd hold it for maybe 24 hours? Varies by store probably.

Beth

bluestar2
12-22-2009, 12:01 PM
My local store doesn't deliver. You could rent a U-haul for the day if you really like the couch Considering the savings you find at Costco, it might be worth it, especially if the store isn't too far away. Sometimes moving companies with smaller trucks can transport deliver it, especially in this economy when they aren't too busy.

lchang25000
12-22-2009, 01:43 PM
My local store doesn't deliver.
:yeahthat:

kijip
12-22-2009, 03:57 PM
A U-Haul is $20 plus miles plus gas. For an in-town thing it is less than $100, sometimes even less than that. I would go that route, the savings on that set is more than $100.

codex57
12-22-2009, 04:32 PM
At the Costco's I've been to, there's usually a little brochure rack somewhere for a delivery service. You can either use that company or find a delivery place yourself.

But Costco itself doesn't deliver.