PDA

View Full Version : Nursing bra recommendations

wendibird22
12-22-2009, 09:29 AM
ISO supportive bra for a petite frame with big breasts. My milk has come in and the girls are huge. Bigger than they were with DD1 at this stage so my existing collection of pricey Anita bras just won't cut it. Depending on the style I'd need a 32 or 34 F. I never did underwire last time but think I need to go in that direction this time to get adequate support. Finding a small band size with a large cup size has proven challenging.

JenaW
12-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Medela seamless underwire bra. I LOVE THIS BRA!!! It is harder to find in a 32/34 F, but not impossible. I got it first when I was a 38F, and am still wearing it now in a 34DD/36D. It is SO comfortable. The lace is soft and not at all itchy. it looks great under clothes. The underwire is supportive but not irritating. Good deals can be had it if you search around. Gap has it on sale, but not in your size. Amazon has a 34F through breakout bras - you can sometimes find coupons for them. I have had good luck buying these through ebay too...sometimes as cheap as $9.99. GL!

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=496424012&tid=gofr1r

http://www.amazon.com/Medela-Underwire-Seamless-Basic-Colors/dp/B000CE8I8U

alirebco
12-23-2009, 10:50 PM
I was going to suggest Anita - I was a 32 F or G when DS was a baby and I loved the Anita bras! They fitted me at Nordstrom and they had one in stock and then they shipped the others to me.

dna_gal
12-24-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm a 32 G/H. I bought several non-underwires (pretty much every one I found that came in that size) and my favorites are the Anitas in part because they are much easier to open/close in the dark one-handed. I have the Medela that was mentioned as well and agree it is comfortable but I find it more difficult to close one-handed and I didn't find it to be as supportive as the Anitas. Not sure if you are also looking for a nursing tank but I found a Bravado one on Breakout Bras that came with small band and large cup size.

Andi98989
01-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Send all your info the sizing people at BreakoutBras.com. They are awesome. I sent them my measurements, told them about myself and the bra I was currently wearing (I included some pictures, too). She gave me wonderful recommendations and the bra that I got fits wonderfully. I ended up with a 34J from Goddess that doesn't have underwire but is amazingly supportive. It's actually the first underwire-free bra I've ever owned.