PDA

View Full Version : food for bday party no micowave or fridge at the venue

cchavez
12-22-2009, 11:28 AM
DD is have a princess painting party at a local art school. Anyway, the party is from 2-4...we are serving cupcakes and juice....and if the weather is not too cold...maybe ice cream. I will have to take a cooler w/ the drinks. We decided not to do pizza since 4 pm is too early....what other type of finger foods/ snacks do you suggest? We do not have access to a fridge or a microwave....and one of the girls has a nut allergy...tia!

kransden
12-22-2009, 11:41 AM
chips and/or goldfish crackers if young kids
veggie tray w/dip
fresh fruit tray

This is what we had. The adults did drink a lot of soda, but it is warm here. I also had humus and pita becasue we invited many Indians that are vegetarians.

AnnieW625
12-22-2009, 11:44 AM
fish crackers, pirates booty, veggies, apple slices, and maybe strawberries if in season. Most kids no matter how much they like the fruit and veggies will gravitate towards the pirates booty or the fish crackers.

egoldber
12-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Some crackers and cheese would be nice. Pita and hummos would be good too, although I am partial because this is one of Sarah's favorite foods. :)

But really, for a 2-4 party, I don't think you're obliged to serve anything besides cake.

crl
12-22-2009, 11:52 AM
My standard for kid birthday parties is hummus and pita chips plus grapes.

Catherine

bubbaray
12-22-2009, 11:54 AM
But really, for a 2-4 party, I don't think you're obliged to serve anything besides cake.

:yeahthat: Which is why that is one of my favorite times for a party,LOL!

Tondi G
12-22-2009, 01:23 PM
cheese and crackers (could add some salami to this spread too if you like)

pita and hummus

Fruit salad or Skewers (grapes, strawberries, melon)

pasta salad

pretzels

chips n guacamole/ chips and dip