PDA

View Full Version : Need convertible car seat for DD#2

alleycat
12-22-2009, 01:03 PM
DD#1 (2.5 yo) is in a BLVD FF in the center of my 06 Acura MDX. DD#2 (6 mos) is in a Safeseat behind the driver. DD#2 cries every time we put her in the carrier. She screams until she's so tired she falls asleep. I'm hoping a convertible car seat will be more comfortable for her. Would love to get another BLVD.

Can anyone with an MDX tell me if I'll be able to fit a ff blvd and rf blvd? Should I get another kind of seat for DD#1 or DD#2? Right now the blvd and safeseats touch each other. I'd like to keep DD#1 in the center.

TIA.

AnnieW625
12-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I have a similar sized Honda Pilot and I would have no problem fitting two BLVDS in the back seat. I don't think they could be next to each other. You could try a Radian seat for DD1 to keep her in the middle. It will also work Rfing in the middle only if you wanted to put DD2 in it, and move DD1 outboard. Unfortunately the Radian will only work rear facing in the middle because it needs the full recline (it doesn't have rear facing recline options:(, just one standard recline).

arivecchi
12-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Since DD1 is already FFing, you could get a Britax Frontier which converts to a booster and pass on the Blvd. to the baby. However, the Frontier would probably have to go outboard as it needs to be top tethered. If you want to keep DD1 in the center, I would get a Radian XT. They are excellent seats and mine has a rock solid install in the center of my backseat with a seatbelt. The Radians are narrow and puzzle very well with Britax seats. You will still have one whole seat left over in the back for another passenger. The XT model has headwings (like the Blvd) for additional head protection which is important for a FFing child.

Joolsplus2
12-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Since DD1 is already FFing, you could get a Britax Frontier which converts to a booster and pass on the Blvd. to the baby. However, the Frontier would probably have to go outboard as it needs to be top tethered. If you want to keep DD1 in the center, I would get a Radian XT. They are excellent seats and mine has a rock solid install in the center of my backseat with a seatbelt. The Radians are narrow and puzzle very well with Britax seats. You will still have one whole seat left over in the back for another passenger. The XT model has headwings (like the Blvd) for additional head protection which is important for a FFing child.

That car has a top tether in the middle, just not Lower LATCH anchors (and actually, the Frontier doesn't need to be top tethered till 65 pounds, of course any forward facing seat should always be top tethered :)) I'm just not sure it would fit in the middle next to the BV... I bet the Radian is an excellent option if it installs well in the center for the big kiddo, Boulevard outboard for the little kiddo :)

arivecchi
12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
That car has a top tether in the middle, just not Lower LATCH anchors (and actually, the Frontier doesn't need to be top tethered till 65 pounds, of course any forward facing seat should always be top tethered :)) I'm just not sure it would fit in the middle next to the BV... I bet the Radian is an excellent option if it installs well in the center for the big kiddo, Boulevard outboard for the little kiddo :) The Frontier does not have to be top-tethered? I did not know that. Yeah, I knew some cars had middle top tethers. :) I cannot imagine a Frontier in the middle either.

Joolsplus2
12-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I think the vast majority of cars since 1999 have middle tethers, but relatively few cars since 2002 have middle LATCH :)
But yeah, doesn't really matter if the spot itself is too narrow for the Frontier (which is admittedly quite wide, lol).

arivecchi
12-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Wow. My 2005 car does not have a middle top tether!

Joolsplus2
12-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Yes, it does. Just have to find it (often in a very different place from the outboard tethers and harder to locate) :)