PDA

View Full Version : Babi Italia crib help?

atmb
12-22-2009, 03:59 PM
I have been trying to find out what materials are used in Babi Italia's Eastside cribs in Cinnamon finish.

In Babies R Us, a printout about the crib says it is made of rubberwood. But a La Jobi customer service rep said that was incorrect and it was made of poplar birch veneer, though she didn't know if it was entirely wood or also made of MDFs.

Any idea where I can find out what the crib is made of before deciding to buy?

Thanks.

wellyes
12-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I'd call Babi Italia directly to ask.

From what I've read, all Babi Italia is made of solid wood. I have a bottom-of-the-line Babi Italia and there is no MDF. But whether or not that particularly model has rubberwood - I couldn't tell you.

atmb
12-23-2009, 03:40 AM
I called the number listed on the Babi Italia web site which led me to La Jobi Inc. That is the rep I spoke with and she couldn't answer my question about what the crib was made of. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions as to where I can obtain this information. Thanks.

wellyes
12-23-2009, 09:33 AM
If you go to the BI site at http://www.babiitalia.com/html/babiitalia.html they list Eastside Cherry as "solid wood construction with veneers" and Pinehurst Espresso as "pine veneer over rubberwood". They don't list the specific model you're interested in - but from what is listed, I would assume that the Eastside line is solid wood but not rubberwood.

It should not take detective work to find out simple product information! I'm sad to see that Babi Italia , a brand I learned about in the BB book, has apparently outsourced it customer service without providing that company with basic product info.