PDA

View Full Version : what carseat is this?

HIU8
12-22-2009, 04:21 PM
A facebook friend was just posting about getting her 4.5 yr old twins new carseats that go to 57 inches, 100 lbs, have 2 cupholders and a light. Does anyone know what she is talking about? Just curious. It almost sounded like she was putting them in boosters--most people I know do that before 5. Before I say anything to her (I may or may not), I wanted to know which seats she got.

Joolsplus2
12-22-2009, 04:25 PM
The only seat I know with a light is the Evenflo Big Kid... http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Big-Kid-Booster-Seat/dp/B001H0GEYI
Truly horrible because of the flimsy headwings, but if she has curtain airbags maybe not soooo bad?

HIU8
12-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I have no idea. She has an older CRV. I assumed it was a booster she was talking about, and she spoke about it on facebook like it was a great feat that her 4.5 yr olds were now big enough for less carseat. I'm not even going to respond. I totally disagree and she and I will not see eye to eye on this one.

HIU8
12-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Oye, she says her 4.5 yr olds are the size of 7 yr olds....

They outgrew their graco comfortsports and she heard bad things about the "convertable ones that go from birth to age 10", so they didn't make the "HUGE" investment in those. So much misinformation. I can't even start with her. It will fall on deaf ears I'm sure. To each their own...

WatchingThemGrow
12-23-2009, 12:34 AM
I know how you're feeling... A friend posted that booster report from today to our playgroup list and mentioned the new boosters they just got their almost 4 yo DDs. I did respond, but someone else responded a lot more strongly!

bubbaray
12-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Not sure I'd lose a lot of sleep about a 4.5 yo in a booster. A 2yo, yeah. A 4.5 yo? Probably not. I switched my DD#1 at age 5/40lbs, so 6m earlier isn't totally horrific, KWIM?