PDA

View Full Version : Ebay question, they didn't pay...

hbridge
12-22-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm relatively new as an e-bay seller. I posted an item that received multiple bids and the bidding ended/item sold on Saturday about noon time. We had set the default three days to pay. I sent the buyer an invoice on Saturday afternoon and an e-mail yesterday. I have gotten no response. Now what do I do? Do I wait? Do a second chance (is that even possible) and have it be her loss? How long do I have for the "second chance"?

Ugh!

Kymberley
12-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I've waited up to 7 days, twice, with payment received on the 7th day. I was going to relist on day 7 if they did not pay by then. I was told that ebay policy states that buyers have 7 days regardless of what you put in the listing. That could be wrong, but I've not chanced it. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

KrisM
12-22-2009, 05:19 PM
You file an Unpaid Item Dispute with ebay. The buyer will get notice and 4 (I think) more days to pay. AFter that, if they still don't pay, you can get your fees back and do a second chance offer. You can file that report after 4 days, as that is how long ebay gives people to pay, regardless of what a seller puts in the description. If the person pays tomorrow and you've done a second chance offer, now you've sold 2 of them and 1 can leave neg feedback and a non-selling seller report :(.

ETA: link to unpaid process: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html and to teh PP, ebay changed from 7 to 4 days in September.

Kymberley
12-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks Kris, that helps me, hope it helps the OP too!