PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a wallet...B&M, the uglier the better...

alien_host
12-22-2009, 06:45 PM
So we have BIL in the gift swap and he loves gift cards. I've gotten him 4 gift cards in various denominations to his favorite stores.

Someone here suggested to put them in a fun wallet.

Has anyone seen any interesting wallets in a B&M store? Of course I've left it to the last minute!

Suggestions would be great. I was thinking TJMaxx/Marshalls but I didn't want a typical leather wallet. Target?

I'd love to find one of those velcro ones like from the 80s...you know in bright colors? Or just an ugly one as a joke.

TIA!

jerigirl
12-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Make a duct tape wallet!
http://www.rpi-polymath.com/ducttape/duct_tape_wallet.html#one

wellyes
12-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Sears is a great source for plastic ugly-*ss wallets.

Don't be afraid to look in the women's section, either, I was there the other day and I saw some velcro wallets that really took me back to the days of acid washed jeans, banana clips and jelly bracelets.

(SORRY Sears fans! LOL I do buy baby clothes and Land's End there. Just not handbags).

happymom
12-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Make a duct tape wallet!
http://www.rpi-polymath.com/ducttape/duct_tape_wallet.html#one

Great idea! My BIL made one and they are pretty cool!

This doesnt really help you because its not sold in B&M stores, but I had to post this funny wallet-
http://themattresswallet.com/

billysmommy
12-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Target had some velcro wallets in their dollar spot a couple of weeks ago ~ Disney princess and Cars and some solid color ones

alien_host
12-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I saw the duct tape wallet on letterman or Leno last year. I might have to do that, of course I'll be up all night trying to get it just right!

Sears women's department....that's a brilliant idea. I'll try that tomorrow.

I don't want to spend much $$ since it probably will end up in the trash ;) Maybe the duct tape wallet would be best....

I did get DD one of the Princess wallets at Target, I should have thought to pick up a Cars on for BIL but it was over a month ago and the last time I was there they didn't have any more.

DebbieJ
12-22-2009, 07:24 PM
what about a thrift store?

DrSally
12-22-2009, 09:42 PM
They had those velcro retro ones on clearance in the Target Men's dept awhile ago. They were bright primary colors. Not sure if they still have them. Sometimes you can find velcro ones with skulls,etc. Try the boy's dept at Target. That might be funny.

MamaKath
12-22-2009, 09:55 PM
They had those velcro retro ones on clearance in the Target Men's dept awhile ago. They were bright primary colors. Not sure if they still have them. Sometimes you can find velcro ones with skulls,etc. Try the boy's dept at Target. That might be funny.
Cute idea to present the gift cards in! Try the dollar store maybe? Or even the party favor section (sometimes they have fake play ones with play money)?

Another thing to do would be find a couple boxes and one HUGE box. Wrap each gift card in a different box, then put them all in the HUGE box and wrap it. ;)