PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Put those Mac hinge covers on your strollers.

Carrots
12-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Ladies,
Today I experienced first hand the dangers of the Mac hinges. TG it was MY finger and not DD's.

I was at in the freezing cold mall parking lot rushing to get my Quest from my trunk (dd was still in her car seat). With gloves on my hands, I grabbed the Mac's handle with my right hand and piece of frame with my left hand and pulled. I didn't realize that the stroller was not clipped shut from the last time it was used and it started to open as I lowered it to the ground. My left index finger caught in a hinge. I couldn't pull it out and the stroller kept opening crushing down on my finger. I finally got the stroller down to the ground and shut it to free my finger. I ripped my glove off and my finger was dented and black and blue. Now, it is slightly swollen with a bruise, but it is fine.

I swear, if I hadn't had a glove on my hand, my finger would have broken.

I have 2 Macs and ordered the safety covers for both strollers immediately after the recall. In the hustle and bustle of the holidays I have yet to put them on either stroller. Now I learned my lesson. Off to install them!

firsttimemama
12-22-2009, 08:42 PM
owwwww

TG it wasn't more serious!

1964pandora
12-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your finger and glad you didn't chop it off!

Thanks for posting this PSA because it will get me off my a$$ to do something about my Volo. I haven't even started the process of getting the part I need to fix it. This is where I would post the icon with the bag over the face but I don't see it!

maestramommy
12-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Yowch!!

I did put the covers on mine. Makes it a PAIN to close though.

DebbieJ
12-22-2009, 10:13 PM
thanks for the reminder--just ordered my covers.

hillview
12-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks OP. I just ordered mine. (bad mommy). Glad you were not badly hurt!
/hillary

pastrygirl
12-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Yikes!! I totally forgot about mine, thanks for the reminder!

SnuggleBuggles
12-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear about your finger and glad you didn't chop it off!

Thanks for posting this PSA because it will get me off my a$$ to do something about my Volo. I haven't even started the process of getting the part I need to fix it. This is where I would post the icon with the bag over the face but I don't see it!

Yep, yep. I logged on just now to Maclaren to order my covers. I've been meaning to but hadn't gotten around to it.

Glad you are ok.

Beth