PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary getaway...where would you go????

daisy1234
12-22-2009, 07:59 PM
We are coming on 10 years and would love to get away for 4-6 days. We are in PA...so a short travel flight would be nice...we would like to go April-June ...somewhere warm and relaxing with a fun nightlife...not that we often can stay up past ten! But it would be fun to feel young again! A beach would be nice but not necessary..LOL Any ideas...also...we do have some Marriot points? We also want a champange trip on a beer budget! So I thought what better place to post than here! :)

JBaxter
12-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Go to Vegas!

billysmommy
12-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Congrats on your anniversary :) Our 10 year is coming up in April. DH and I are going to Savannah for 5 days. We honeymooned in Charleston, Savannah and Hilton Head and loved Savannah best of all so we're headed back there. We're planning on just wandering around the city, sight-seeing and enjoying all the restaurants at an adult pace :)

clc053103
12-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Aruba Marriot Stellaris- there are direct flights out of Phila, the weather is perfect ALWAYS and that is a lower season- better prices, not too crowded. Though restaurants can be pricey, you can find cheaper dining options.

wellyes
12-22-2009, 08:11 PM
We're thinking of doing something similar - to save money, we're planning a vacation rental rather than a hotel (we've had luck with www.homeaway.com). That way we can cook in a kitchen most meals instead of eating out. Saves money in the long run.

cuca_
12-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Puerto Rico
Aruba
Miami
Dominican Republic

There are also many beautiful small Caribbean islands like St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, St. Martin, etc...

Also, Bermuda is a short flight away from Pa. (2 hrs. maybe?). I've always wanted to go there.

ThreeofUs
12-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Short flights are available to Hilton Head, or Florida beaches. You could probably get good rates during those months (after spring break, before summer).

Or what about the Keys? Again, pretty short flight, great beaches and night life, other stuff to do.

daniele_ut
12-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Go to Vegas!

This is what we are doing! Our 10 year is in March and while I always imagined we would go back to Europe or go to Hawaii, our finances are more suited to a long weekend in Vegas. I was just starting to research on travelocity and found some great hotel/air packages.

scrooks
12-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Arbua!!!
We're thinking of heading there for our 5 year anniversary in October. We honeymooned there and loved it!

SnuggleBuggles
12-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Lots of us celebrating 10 this spring!

I am currently thinking through our options too. We have no rewards' programs so it will all be out of pocket. We are torn between Europe or a beach vacation. Friends of mine, who do a ton of international traveling, highly recommended Belize. I am going to research more after the holidays.

Beth