PDA

View Full Version : Christmas money to spend!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
12-22-2009, 09:31 PM
I just got a Walmart gift card for $200 from MIL to buy the kids Christmas presents. I have no idea what to get them but she wants something for under the tree on Christmas so I am running very short on time! DDs are 3.5 and 6 months. Any ideas? It can be used at Sam's Club as well. Also, I could always use the gift card for groceries for awhile and spend $200 somewhere else. It would have to be a local store at this point since I doubt I can get anything shipped in the meantime!

Ideas please!!

deenass
12-22-2009, 09:45 PM
If it were me - I pull off gift tags from already purchased / wrapped gifts and replace "love mom and dad or santa" with "love grandma".

This late in the game I wouldn't feel guilty about it all!

Of course, I also talked my in laws into letting me buy a friend's geo-trax (which were basically good as new) and give them to my kids as their Hanukah present. My kids didn't care that they weren't in the box (truthfully took less time to set them up!), my friend was thrilled for the $40 and I was happy to "recycle" a perfectly usable toy!

wellyes
12-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Oh, with that, I think I'd buy one big, really COOL gift. Depending on your living area -- how about an ATV? Something like this: http://www.walmart.com/Fisher-Price-Wheels-Barbie-ATV/ip/10191632

Can't believe I'm recommending it, but they are a big hit in our neighborhood right now and they do look like fun. I think any 3.5 year old would probably love one, and by the time she outgrows it, the other one will be old enough to play with it.