PDA

View Full Version : Good things

hillview
12-22-2009, 10:03 PM
I know this is a time of stress. I got to thinking what I am thankful for/what's going right. Here is my list:
- everyone's health (this is not trivial: mom is stage IV colon cancer survivor; DS #2 recovering from hydrocephalus)
- DH and I have made it through a tough 4 years adjusting to low sleep/high stress jobs and 2 kids and we are happier and stronger for it
- DS #1 adjusted to school in a totally FAB way this year
- DS #2 qualified out of EI and is doing great
- we still have our jobs and home

How about you?
/hillary

lmwbasye
12-22-2009, 10:18 PM
- DH is home for Christmas this year and I do very much NOT take for granted that not all soldiers are...feel so so blessed to have gotten him back from 2 separate deployments

- Both of my boys are healthy...seems like the odd rather than the norm lately

- DH has a very stable job (Army) and I can afford to stay home...I appreciate this way more than I tell him (or myself)

- just being able to have all 4 of us together this year...again, I feel so blessed to have DH home this year

Great thread!!

wellyes
12-22-2009, 10:20 PM
- DD laughs every day. We are so lucky to have her in our lives.
- 12 week ultrasound today, the baby waved at me!! After a m/c this summer, it was wonderful to see a whole, healthy, happy growing baby.
- Friends & family who support us in tough times. Like the funeral for DH's 61-year-old father last week. So many people came to the service it was standing room only in the back. I'm so grateful for that.
- My biggest stress this Christmas is that I bought far too many gifts for DD. I must be the luckiest woman in the world to have such problems.

MamaKath
12-22-2009, 10:31 PM
- My biggest stress this Christmas is that I bought far too many gifts for DD. I must be the luckiest woman in the world to have such problems.
I have this problem too! I was thinking today how lucky I am to have a WISH list not a NEED list for myself and my family!

DH and I have jobs right now.

We have lots of loving family and friends that we are surrounded by, especially during the holidays.

While dh has had a year of multiple surgeries and is out again for a long term, we are blessed with the care he has recieved and the hope that it will mean a new year with feet that are better! And we are pretty healthy overall.

Our kids have had some struggles, especially ds, but we have faced them as a family and are understanding some of them better finally.

DH and I are stronger as a couple than we have been in years!

Just plain old BLESSED!!!!!!