PDA

View Full Version : Best Threads of 2009

WatchingThemGrow
12-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Can't remember... Do we ever do a list? There were some truly great ones, just can't remember them all. Please link to them if you can!

A not-so-spectacular, but funny one was when the girl said "I can't ever think of a reason my child would be in the bathroom with me." :hysterical: That one makes me laugh every.time.I.go. because there is always an audience.

DrSally
12-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Can't remember... Do we ever do a list? There were some truly great ones, just can't remember them all. Please link to them if you can!

A not-so-spectacular, but funny one was when the girl said "I can't ever think of a reason my child would be in the bathroom with me." :hysterical: That one makes me laugh every.time.I.go. because there is always an audience.

Oh yes, I still remember that one. It was :hysterical:
Boy, there were some that really made me laugh out loud. I'm going to have to think about this...

wellyes
12-22-2009, 10:24 PM
In terms of impact, I have to go with the one from the poster who found an intact little dead frog in her frozen peas! I have honestly not been able to eat frozen peas, broccoli or spinach since I read that thread.

EllasMum
12-22-2009, 10:28 PM
I have two favorites - I'm not 100% sure either is from 2009, but here goes: One was a discussion of how to eat toast. A poster described eating the toast such that a tiny 'handle' was left at the end. I LOL at that and think of it every time I eat toast!

The other one was a discussion of mis-heard or confused fairy tales/nursery rhymes. Can't remember anything specific, just remember reading and :ROTFLMAO:.

DrSally
12-22-2009, 10:31 PM
In terms of impact, I have to go with the one from the poster who found an intact little dead frog in her frozen peas! I have honestly not been able to eat frozen peas, broccoli or spinach since I read that thread.

OMG!! I must have missed that one. That is so disgusting! I'm getting shivers just reading about it.

salsah
12-22-2009, 11:04 PM

yes! me too. :hysterical:

g-mama
12-22-2009, 11:06 PM
A not-so-spectacular, but funny one was when the girl said "I can't ever think of a reason my child would be in the bathroom with me."

Me too!! Ahhhhhh....that was a good one.

Puddy73
12-22-2009, 11:22 PM
I nominate Corie's stripper thread. :)

hillview
12-22-2009, 11:25 PM
I nominate Corie's stripper thread. :)
:yeahthat::yeahthat:
/hillary

srhs
12-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Summer KMart toy clearance!! TY Melaine! Let's see...I ended up with 3 play kitchens @ $5, 2 Power Wheels busses @ $5, Cozy Coupe @ $16, kids' digital camera @ $5, 50-packs of playdoh @ $5.50, & many of the toys being gifted this week!!!

eta: I certainly thought of the bathroom comment the first time I carried newborn DS2 latched on into the potty.

marie
12-23-2009, 09:08 AM
The asthma one when Fairy referred to the spacer/air chamber as the "bong-like thingy" (I think those were the words).

mommylamb
12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I thought our discussion on healthcare over the summer was a really interesting thread. Not funny, but there were a lot of perspectives put out there and people were very respectful. I also think people went into it with an open mind and came out with a lot better understanding of what was in the bill at the time.

TwinFoxes
12-23-2009, 02:11 PM
I loved the one where people posted photos of themselves. :) I can't remember who started it, maybe Bubbaray?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-23-2009, 02:15 PM
I loved the one where people posted photos of themselves. :) I can't remember who started it, maybe Bubbaray?

The celeb look-alike contest? That was good, as was the Corie Stripper one...

OP I think there should be a Funniest, Most Informative, etc. ranking. You cannot compare the Stripper thread to something serious, kwim? :ROTFLMAO:

Fairy
12-23-2009, 02:18 PM
The asthma one when Fairy referred to the spacer/air chamber as the "bong-like thingy" (I think those were the words).

Yes, I referred to it as the bong-thingie at the Pulmonologist last week, too, and he didn't bat an eye ... but the nurse cracked a smile. I can never remember the word "spacer!" No clue why, it's not like it's hard.

I about died when the chick, no longer here, said she couldn't think of a reason why anyone would need to take their child to the bathroom with them. I was like, are you kidding? It's one big peepee party in there till ... well, it's still a peepee party in there sometimes. I think I either started that thread, or I started one like it a separate time, wondering how long it's reasonable or normal to be naked in front of your child. My DS is now five, and while I'm still naked now and then, I've mainly said, mommy needs privacy for her shower now, etc. But bathrooms, especially in public, he's not yet over the hurdle of. It's funny, at school, he closes the door, wipes, washes hands, whole none yards, but whe Mommy is home, it must be open season.

Anyway, yes, that bathroom comment was a doozy of a comment. Laughed for days.

roobee
12-23-2009, 03:10 PM
My favorite thread was the one "what do you recommend all the time".

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=324290&highlight=recommend

WatchingThemGrow
12-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Ok, since we've already started just "best" is it okay to just keep adding whichever - funniest, best bargains, most touching, most helpful, etc?

This was a winner, for sure. I'm still :bowdown: to all the mamas on here for sharing their intimate life stories on this thread. With every.single.reply, we just needed a :grouphug: What is the most stressful thing you have ever gone through? (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=341939&highlight=hardest+thing) by ariveraz.

Moneypenny
12-23-2009, 03:22 PM

That was me! I never followed up on that thread, but after three weeks of runaround from the company, we got a $10 gift card.

I have since purchased frozen vegetables, but I now thoroughly squeeze each bag in the store before I buy them to try to determine if there is anything in there that shouldn't be. I'm sure I look completely nutty!

clc053103
12-23-2009, 03:38 PM

OMG I missed that one, but I just choked on my drink!

WatchingThemGrow
12-23-2009, 03:38 PM
That was me! I never followed up on that thread, but after three weeks of runaround from the company, we got a $10 gift card.

I have since purchased frozen vegetables, but I now thoroughly squeeze each bag in the store before I buy them to try to determine if there is anything in there that shouldn't be. I'm sure I look completely nutty!
Wasn't it missing a hand or something? $10?? really??

boltfam
12-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Yuck! $10 in no way pays for the disgust of find a frozen frog in your food! I missed the post about finding no reason one's child should be in the bathroom with them! Seriously?! How can you be a mom and ask that question?!:ROTFLMAO:

Melaine
12-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Yuck! $10 in no way pays for the disgust of find a frozen frog in your food! I missed the post about finding no reason one's child should be in the bathroom with them! Seriously?! How can you be a mom and ask that question?!:ROTFLMAO:

She wasn't a mom yet! :p (she was expecting!)

jgenie
12-23-2009, 03:50 PM

I think of that thread every time I go to the bathroom and wonder if I will ever get to go alone again!!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Most Entertaining- STRIPPER for sure
Most Controversial the Duggar ones? I added some controvery, with my opinionated opinions:bag
Worst for the Wallet- Anything Amazon lately....

I like the what are your kids wearing, raciest piece of lingerie, and the actress look alike, too...

Moneypenny
12-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Wasn't it missing a hand or something? $10?? really??

One tiny little finger (toe?) was broken off and mixed in with the peas. *shudder*

firsttimemama
12-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I need links!
duggar!
stripper!
celeb lookalike!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I need links!
duggar!
stripper!
celeb lookalike!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=337235&highlight=celeb&page=6

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=334376&highlight=stripper

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=310301&highlight=Duggar

arivecchi
12-23-2009, 07:21 PM
I was in complete awe of the strength of the women here from the most stressful thing thread. So many incredible women.

On a lighter note, the what actress do you look like thread was so much fun!

happymom
12-23-2009, 07:43 PM

I have to admit- I got nervous just now when i saw this, because for a moment I thought it might have been me who posted that! I checked the thread and it wasn't me- but I do remember reading that thread (I think DD was a few months old) and thinking, noooooo way. This is not going to happen in my home! Needless to say...its happens daily.

Carrots
12-23-2009, 07:54 PM
A favorite of mine was a post about "embarrassing things our children have done to us". A poster told a story about her son going into a changing room with her and the little boy started yelling about how she had a penis and how the mom loved the daddy's penis. I was laughing for days and even read the post to DH.

Here is the link. There are other great ones in this thread too. http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...ighlight=penis

Another one was a little boy kicked his croc at a deli worker. I was laughing at that too.

Melaine
12-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Another one was a little boy kicked his croc at a deli worker. I was laughing at that too.

:ROTFLMAO:That's right!!!

salsah
12-24-2009, 12:56 AM
raciest piece of lingerie, and the actress look alike

hmmm . . . sounds interesting, i'm sorry i missed those. i guess it is too late to respond to them but i can at least go back enjoy reading what everyone else wrote.

DrSally
12-24-2009, 01:08 AM

:ROTFLMAO: OMG, I'm just picturing you squeezing the veggie bags. I may not look at frozen veggies the same way again. I can't believe they only gave you $10. Did they ever say how in the world this could happen?