PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen Ratatouille?

DrSally
12-22-2009, 11:17 PM
I know I'm behind the times, but I never get to a movie theater anymore. I tivo'd this based on a recommendation from my fav reviewer. What a great movie! So cool for a foodie to watch (I guess I'm a wanna-be foodie), and such a sweet movie! Visually, it looks really great too.

SnuggleBuggles
12-22-2009, 11:25 PM
It's a really good movie. I hardly ever see the Pixar movies in the theater and wonder why. I know I wasn't really excited about Ratatouille when it came out but really enjoyed it on DVD.

Btw, have you read the book "The Sharper the Knives the Less you Cry" by Kathleen Flinn (I think that's her name). I'm reading it now and it's a fun little book about a woman who decides to go to Le Cordon Bleu. Each chapter shares some about her personal life there, her experience in cooking school and then a recipe. Easy to just read one chapter/ night.

Beth

StantonHyde
12-22-2009, 11:29 PM
I LOVE that movie!!

wencit
12-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Yep! I don't normally watch movies in the theater, but DH and I made of point of seeing Ratatouille for one of our very rare date nights. DS1 likes it, too. ;)

Another movie to add to your list, if you haven't seen it already, is Julie & Julia. It just came out on DVD a couple weeks ago, and as a self-professed foodie, I loved it, too!

DrSally
12-22-2009, 11:35 PM
It's a really good movie. I hardly ever see the Pixar movies in the theater and wonder why. I know I wasn't really excited about Ratatouille when it came out but really enjoyed it on DVD.

Btw, have you read the book "The Sharper the Knives the Less you Cry" by Kathleen Flinn (I think that's her name). I'm reading it now and it's a fun little book about a woman who decides to go to Le Cordon Bleu. Each chapter shares some about her personal life there, her experience in cooking school and then a recipe. Easy to just read one chapter/ night.

Beth

Sounds like a fun book! My old advisor in Grad school is a serious foodie. That would make a great present for him. I have yet to see Julia and Julia. I see they have it at Redbox now. That should be my next rental :)

egoldber
12-22-2009, 11:38 PM
I love it! Sarah doesn't really get most of it, but DH and I love it. :)

MMEand1
12-23-2009, 01:15 AM
I think we've seen it about 100 times! The kids love it and since my DS wants to be a "maker" (chef) when he grows up, it's a perfect movie for him.

Side story: We went to the Y tonight and my son jumped up on the elliptical and asked me to turn the tv on since he could not reach it. I asked him what channel he wanted and it was the Food Network channel. He would sit and watch that all day long if I let him!!

Oh, and sharp knives hurt too!! I sliced my finger down to the bone with one of the knives from my DH's $3000 professional set! That sounds like a good book and I'll have to check it out for my DH!

codex57
12-23-2009, 01:23 AM
I wish we could see movies in the theater too. Just too hard with an infant.

ANyways, I wasn't a huge fan of Ratatouille. And I like watching the Food Network.

DrSally
12-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Side story: We went to the Y tonight and my son jumped up on the elliptical and asked me to turn the tv on since he could not reach it. I asked him what channel he wanted and it was the Food Network channel. He would sit and watch that all day long if I let him!!

:ROTFLMAO: Your DS sound like a real cutie!

kijip
12-23-2009, 01:28 AM
It is one of our favorites, but T was scared scared scared by the people out to get the rat. Really worried. This is the same kid who was panicked by Horton Hears a Who and actually scared by Up so his scare bar is low.

Fairy
12-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Wonderful! We love it, and DS especially loves the shorts that are part of the DVD -- which are almost better than the movie! Especially "your friend, the rat!"

DrSally
12-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Wonderful! We love it, and DS especially loves the shorts that are part of the DVD -- which are almost better than the movie! Especially "your friend, the rat!"

OK, now I have to get the DVD, b/c I tivo'd it on the Family channel, so it was even shortened for viewing time (Which I hate).

DrSally
12-23-2009, 01:35 AM
It is one of our favorites, but T was scared scared scared by the people out to get the rat. Really worried. This is the same kid who was panicked by Horton Hears a Who and actually scared by Up so his scare bar is low.

DS's scare bar is low too. Tonight we read How the Grinch Stole Xmas for the first time. He was very concerned about why the Grinch didn't like Xmas, and someone should tell him that Xmas is fun. He was also very concerned/upset when he started stealing all the toys/tree, etc. Then, he doesn't really watch tv shows with any plot tension related to a "villan" (e.g., usually Calliou, wonderpets, Curious George, Toot and Puddle where any tension revolves around a problem to solve).