PDA

View Full Version : plasma car and wood floors

Melarina
12-23-2009, 09:49 AM
What's the deal here? I'm reading conflicting things. Thanks for advice!

amycoh
12-23-2009, 10:18 AM
It scratched our wood floors, and DH banned it from being used in the house. Phooey - I ended up selling it on CL because its not as much fun outside.

kristac
12-23-2009, 10:24 AM
It scratched our wood floors, and DH banned it from being used in the house. Phooey - I ended up selling it on CL because its not as much fun outside.

Thats what I'm afraid of. We don't have any flat area outside so if we had to make it an outside toy the only good place to ride it would be the garage.

athompson
12-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Garage for Winter, outside for summer. We'll see. Don't want to chance the scratches.

Melbel
12-23-2009, 01:02 PM

What type of wood floors do you have? I figured that the type of floor may impact whether or not plasma cars would cause damage (i.e. pine is a softer wood, pecan is very hard).

Twoboos
12-23-2009, 01:21 PM
We have your basic hardwood, so I guess oak? Anyway, it's not exactly scarred/scratched, but you can tell where they were riding. More like marred, I guess? (Is that a word/concept?) When the wheels were brand new it was ok, and they were used more (just indoors) the floors got worse. We finally moved them to outside/garage only.

sste
12-23-2009, 03:14 PM
I have heard of people putting painters tape or duct tape on the wheels of indoor toys to stop scratching. I don't know with the plasma car in specific if it would impede movement. You could try painters tape, much easier to get off if it doesn't work.

WatchingThemGrow
12-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Maybe ours are just old(50+years) and I don't get down there and inspect them - or we don't have a lot of light to highlight imperfections. We'll keep riding inside though... I figure we'll have to use that Bona refresher before we move anyway since we have rugs in some areas and wear in others.