PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting...

Reyadawnbringer
12-23-2009, 10:56 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34570779/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Seriously though, how could that have happened?? Since DS was born I have been in the room for EVERY single office visit he has ever had. The act of being asked to wait in the waiting room would set me off before any of that EVER happened.

Those poor children.

HIU8
12-23-2009, 11:20 AM
That is truly horrible.

I have always been in the room for a peds visit with DD and DS. It would never occur to me to let them go in alone EVER.

I pray for the children he hurt.

jjjo1112
12-23-2009, 11:49 AM
That is horrible and disgusting. Although I'm still trying to wrap my head around why a 6 month old or evena 2 year old would be alone with the pedi? I am always in the room and see it being that way for years to come :)
Jackie Mom to 3 wild ones 4,2,10 months

clc053103
12-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Agree, I would never leave DS alone in a Dr's office-

and to be brutally honest, if I walked into the ped and he looked like that man, we never would have been back.

carolinamama
12-23-2009, 11:52 AM
That's really awful. I've never had my kids at the pedi without my eyes on them the whole time. Of course the thought that they would be abused there has just never crossed my mind. Just tragic for those children.

KrisM
12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Awful.

I have let one kid be alone with the doctor once. It was DS2 at his 9 month wc and DD needed to go potty. DS2 was already down to a diaper and the doctor was in with us. I ran DD across to the bathroom and left DS2 there. But, I do think it's different, since it wasn't suggested to me that I leave a baby alone.

KHF
12-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Never ever would I let either of my kids go in to a doctor's office without me. It was also a dealbreaker for us with the dentist and DD. We found a dentist who doesn't mind if I'm with her.

My heart breaks for those children and their families.

shawnandangel
12-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I agree with PP. I never leave DD alone in the examining room and I have also found a dentist who is parent-child friendly.

Good for that mama who listened to her child when she said the doctor hurt her and took action!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-23-2009, 12:56 PM

and to be brutally honest, if I walked into the ped and he looked like that man, we never would have been back.

I agree 100%. The dentists here, most require parents stay with their kids. Our ped, who is moving, is a dad to LO's that lives around the corner, still I would never leave her alone. I wonder if the parents ever had a gut feeling, and ignored it because he is a doctor, and we are taught to trust them...

alleycat
12-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Those poor children and their parents. What a nightmare.

I would never leave my child alone with the ped. It's not about trusting the dr or not but I'm always in there asking a thousand questions. I want to see what's going on and what they're checking or not checking.

GaPeach_in_Ca
12-23-2009, 02:06 PM
That is just horrible. I have no words.

smiles33
12-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I am sick to my stomach. Parents TRUST pediatricians and to have your child violated like this after you delivered her to him would haunt me for the rest of my life....

pinkmomagain
12-23-2009, 03:02 PM
I am feeling physically ill after reading that article.

KathyN115
12-23-2009, 03:05 PM

:yeahthat:

VClute
12-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Ugh... I am NAUSEATED reading that article. It ranks up there with lots of other awful things I wish I never knew.

However, I am also a little taken aback by the immediate response by so many questioning why the parents would allow their children in with the MD alone. I don't think anyone here means to say "It's their fault," but I don't think people look kindly on asking why women put themselves in dangerous situations and they are then raped.

I am praying for those children, and for their parents, who are probably blaming themselves, too.

BabyMine
12-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Throw him away in jail and let the inmates deal with him. Or better yet, release him to a big group of mamas and let us deal with him.