PDA

View Full Version : XPost Battat Wooden Dollhouse Missing screws and now disc

jacksmomtobe
12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I thought I would cross post this info since Christmas is so close & I know several Moms here bought the same Wooden Battat Dollhouse that I did. I opened my boxes today and discovered it was missing screws (parts 19,20, & 21). I called Battat who said the dollhouse is discontinued and they no longer stock the parts. They actually wanted me to pack it up and send it back. Ya...I'm going to do that the day before Christmas Eve when this is DD's big santa gift and it is a heavy dollhouse. I asked them to let me know what type the screws are and am awaiting a call back. So I no others posted to check all your Santa items in advance but just wanted to reiterate that fact so no one ends up in a big mess on Christmas eve when it's time to assemble.

-Kim

marie
12-23-2009, 12:11 PM
ugh! We've already put the house together and had all parts. I'll go check the garage now (since we haven't done that, yet).

I hope they come through for you ASAP.

calv
12-23-2009, 01:44 PM
oh no! let me know how you make out. we too have YET to open/put it together. keep us posted and good luck!

MMMommy
12-23-2009, 06:00 PM
I recommend calling Battat directly. I recall having a few imperfect pieces and calling them directly a few years ago. I think they have a website with a phone number. Pieces may not come in time, but better than nothing.

I'm sorry that happened. That can be frustrating and annoying.

jacksmomtobe
12-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I actually did call Battat direct since their number was on the box and I figured they would be the ones who could tell me where the screws were in the package since I was hoping somehow I overlooked them. They called me back and said they found comparable screws in their Canadian Office. That office will send it to the US and then they will send it to me sometime probably next week. So no assembled dollhouse for DD. My plan is to write a note from Santa saying the elves forgot to pack the screws and that he will send them to her Mom to assemble the house. I'm going to show her the pictures of the house and give her the family, furniture and car. Not ideal but she is 3 so I think we can get away with it without a major meltdown. I wish I could give it to her assembled but I'm trying to look at it in a positive way by thinking at least I don't have the pressure of having to assemble anything Christmas Eve.

-Kim