PDA

View Full Version : I'm just angry with Barnes & Nobel (and myself)

roobee
12-23-2009, 01:46 PM
I bought a book from a Barnes & Nobel store a month ago for an x-mas gift - just getting ready to wrap stuff and realized that I need to return this book. The return policy is 14 days! Ugh! Smoke is coming out of my ears! I would NEVER knowingly shop somewhere with that type of policy and now I'm stuck with this book.

Any ideas? Sorry, but I'm not above returning the book to a different store or possibly dragging two cranky kids to the store and not leaving until I get a refund.

C99
12-23-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm confused why you "need" to return it?

Fairy
12-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Ok, what about a gift receipt? Did you get one, and can you try using that? Maybe go to a diff one so they don't know it's you trying again? I'm reaching here, but I agree, their return policy is terrible now. H2H! -- Fairy

ETA --> Don't beat yourself up, we all make purchases we think better of later and/or buy things we forgot we already had. whatchagonnado? That's why stores need to have good return policies, so we keep shopping there with confidence that they'll be there for us after we've been there for them.

Swimfreak78
12-23-2009, 02:26 PM
I'd go in there and explain that you need to exchange it -- I've had good luck that way and they give store credit.

roobee
12-23-2009, 02:28 PM
I "need" to return the book because I changed my mind. I buy lots and lots and lots of stuff and sometimes I change my mind and return stuff (probably in the neighborhood of 10% of the stuff I buy).

I guess I'm used to shopping at places with good return policies, and I go out of my way to buy gifts from places with decent return policies (Target is 90 days, Macy's is 6 months, Lands end is forever). 14 days is just so obnoxious to me and that's why I'm fuming, I'm just mad that I was so dumb to shop at Barnes and Noble. Borders return policy is 30 days or 60 with a gift receipt and you get a gift card refund, not an exchange like BN is offering.

Whatever, I can save the book for next year and get over it. I'm just chapped that I did business with this company. But, lesson learned :)

NN317
12-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Barnes & Noble is honoring an extended return period for the holidays. I think they accept the returns until January 31.